Life in Another World as a Housekeeping Mage - Vol. 1 Ch. 5

@LittleMiniMe Those thots aren't from her old party there just
Some jealous bitches that are overconfident since they just rose to C-rank and don't like the idea of non-combatant type adventurers. Her old party consisted of 4men and one woman. Read if only if you don't care about spoilers
The party Akatsuki's members are either dead, missing, or at a different branch. Ratio 3:1:1 is the official statement.

@Mojo
I usually ponder about those biological issues in fantasy too, I usually also take in consideration that magic could also affect the evolution process but in general most of the time it never makes sense. Here are some other interesting biology questions that i had pondered over the years while talking shit with some friends:
- Why some dragons have arms and wings? Isnt having those arms energy in efficient?
- Do dragons or other mythical flying creatures defecate when they fly like birds?
- How much would have to eat a leviathan to fuel its entire body?
- Do elementals have biological principles?
- For how long does necromancy stops decay?
- If we consider there are giant bees, where is the megaflora they pollinice?
- The diet of Vampires doesnt make an inch of sence on nutricional value.
- What is the core of a slime? and on the same note, the coreless ones are more related to fungi or bacteria?

Double-page supporter
@Phyrexian_Dude
-I've always seen arms on dragons like vestigial organs, lots of animal have them, including humans. Some even serve some purpose, like how dragons both walk and fly.
-It's possible but most dragons are written as intelligent and defecating when they fly would be the human equivalent to defecating on the side of a road, probably something they would avoid doing.
-Leviathan is a deep sea creature, for reference there is an estimated that the fish biomass of the mesopelagic zone is some where between 5 and 10 GIGA tons. For comparison the commercial fish caught world wide in a year is 0.1 giga tons (100 million tons) A leviathan could easily sustain itself eating lantern fish like a whale shark or Baleen whale filter feeds to sustain it's massive body.
-Rather biological principles I wonder if elemental follow the principals of Newtonian psychics.
I got tired maybe I'll edit the rest in later....

Dex-chan lover
@Phyrexian_Dude @Mojo
I always disregard any scientific explanation about dragons exactly because they are specifically fantastical creatures with no reason to be under the laws of life (colossal 4 legged winged warm body reptilians that, depending on the setting, can talk, use magic, live looong lives and are extremely intelligent is not something we can prove is possible).

That said, 2 legged winged big dumb lizards are always wyverns.

Awwwww great the jealous bitches arc is here

Ty for the hard work on translating!! ♥️♥️

These THOTS a better be here b/c of their huge-ass crushes on Shiori.

ML is actually great. He defended her and can be strict with her.

Dex-chan lover
@Kthp 100% want the hidden Shiori fanclub, that's the only antagonist I want.
though the author is good at making villains, seeing how they're reprimanded that guy earlier when he did something that could endanger MC. but regardless how despicable they are, they better give Shiori a break

Dex-chan lover
@Phyrexian_Dude @Mojo @Hoezell

Spoilers because I made a massive wall of text.
I usually ponder about those biological issues in fantasy too, I usually also take in consideration that magic could also affect the evolution process but in general most of the time it never makes sense.
Here are some other interesting biology questions that i had pondered over the years while talking shit with some friends:
I do this as well from time to time, it can be pretty entertaining.

- Why some dragons have arms and wings? Isn't having those arms energy inefficient?
Probably yes, but it could serve an evolutionary advantage to have both, like being able to run and jump to get a better start when flying, or extra ground mobility.
I usually think of the flying lizards when imagining real-life dragons ( they have 4 legs that can jump really well, and uses an expandable ribcage with a skin membrane to fly ( or at least glide )
Or its vestigial organs like the appendix, coccyx ( our tailbone) or the wisdom teeth.
My personal favourite of the vestigial organs is the small "bumps" around the pee-pee for men... they used to be "spikes" that you see in some other animals like cats... fun times for everybody.
Imagine if we still had dick spikes...

- Do dragons or other mythical flying creatures defecate when they fly like birds?
I want to say no because of the "noble" image most people have about dragons, but I see little reason why they couldn't do it?

- How much would have to eat a leviathan to fuel its entire body?
A whole lot is the best answer I can give.
A blue whale ( the closest comparison really ) for example, can eat multiple tons per day
(they are carnivores and contrary to popular belief eat everything from Krill to shrimps and small fishes )

- Do elementals have biological principles?
I would say no, and that they somehow are made off pure energy/magic, Slimes usually fall into this category too if they are the type of slime that don't have a "core"

- For how long does necromancy stop decay?
Depends on how the magic works really...
Because magic works differently in different works it's impossible to have a single answer to this.

I would say if it does...permanently as long as it's fueled by magic but that is not always the case.
But sometimes ( like for example with zombies in some stories ) it doesn't stop it at all and just slows it down a lot.
( this could also double as an explanation as to why most undead mages become a lich and not a zombie. )

- If we consider there are giant bees, where is the megaflora they pollinice?
Some fantasy worlds ( like dungeons and dragons for example ) actually have megaflora that they pollinate.
But you could make up 1001 excuses for why they do or don't do that anymore...
It would be up to the author to give the reason as to why or why not.

That said, megaflora is not actually a necessity for mega bees to make honey.
If you look up how bees actually make honey, you will see how disgusting it is that bees could theoretically make honey even without flowers.
Bees only need sugar and water to make honey ( Nectar from flowers is basically just sugar water )
So an example of how to get around the megaflora would be to make the bees able to eat plants ( or animals if you want to be brutal ) to get sugar and then just drink water as any other animal does.

- The diet of Vampires doesn't make an inch of sense on nutritional value.
I don´t understand what exactly you have a problem with?
Vampire bats exist in real life and they live off blood from other animals.
At the end of the day as long as you CAN live off only blood you just need to make sure there is enough of it to go around...
Sure it's not that simple in practice, but in theory, a humanoid creture living off blood is not impossible, just very very unlikely.
And if they existed they would need A LOT of blood. ( probably the reason why people die after being drained of blood by vampires )

- What is the core of a slime? and on the same note, the coreless ones are more related to fungi or bacteria?
Slimes without cores are usually elemental creatures, but the once with core could theoretically be living organic creatures.
The core would in most likely( again, depends on the setting ) work as both the brain as well as all the other organs ( if there are any ) of the slime.

A slime could use the core too for all the bodily functions outside of digestion and the "slime" of the slime breaks down everything it eats into nutrients.
The question comes down to how it's possible for the core itself to control the slime, but you could just say "because magic" and call it a day if you want too...
We, humans, control our external appendages with the help of our muscle and nerves.
So unless the slime has invisible/transparent muscles I'm going to assume the slimes are just the core and an outer "shell" of liquid contained by a membrane-like skin.

If you want to simplify things a lot.
Humans are at the end of the day just a jelly( the brain )
That is housed inside a bone construct that uses muscle and nerve tissue to send electrical signals to control the rest of the flesh suit that works to sustain itself and the brain by consuming air, water and food to sustain itself.

As for if it's more like a fungus or a bacteria, I would have to say fungus.
A bacteria can´t make its own energy source because it doesn't have any mitochondria ( THE POWERHOUSE OF THE CELL )
And slimes are too large to survive without consuming anything ( and they are usually shown being able to eat things )

As for the colouration, its kind of unimportant at the end of the day.
Unless you want to make the argument that it somehow uses photosynthesis to make its energy.
But that would most likely make them green.

Users who are viewing this thread