Like Wind on a Dry Branch - Ch. 3 - Axias's Consecration (1)

@HobisFlower
@Tammy
I wouldn't judge her for not taking the money and rushing out to find her daughter. I do think that Rietta wants to do that but just stop for a little and think about it: it's middle ages, the child was sold as a slave, a plague is going around and, as for children, reaching adulthood safely during that time was a miracle. I'm not a mother but I can get the feeling that Rietta is feeling a swarm of feelings like hope (her daughter is alive), fear (the child died due to the plague or mistreatment) and resignation (?). Besides, let's not forget that they took the child months ago and she would have to go back to gather information and hints herself since she doesn't have anyone over there to rely on to help her. To be honest, I think that asking the ML for help is the best move right now (tho I hope he's already working on it). Oh, and other thing: it would be slave traders she would have to deal with: those always have been a dangerous lot and seeing how pretty she is they will probably catch her and sell as a slave too after taking her money.
Sorry for the long comment 😅

Dex-chan lover
The original webcomic is naver and still on, please don't forget to click the raw and chapters to boost view.

Dex-chan lover
Oof I was about to flip a table if he just slept with her.
Btw that red-haired girl looked like Rosemond from 'lady to queen' or it's just me??

I love the sombre tones of this story. It's refreshing how the mc isn't a clueless, naive girl who just jokes around and acts impulsively and stupidly. Rietta perfectly understands her position and she isn't acting rashly because she knows that could lead to dire consequences.

Look, I was scared by the 'night service' but I'm glad it didn't happen, I'm so glad our ML is a decent guy. I can't believe I'm thankful for that but u know, considering all the sh1tty male characters we've seen so far here (and in other stories) and how abused she was (and how normal is for the authors to write MLs characters who take advantage of vulnerable FLs), it can't be helped (lol). I feel so lucky that we have decent, mature, complex characters, if things keep going like this, I feel that I can ship them wholeheartedly.

I'm so glad she's also making other expressions, I was seriously sad and with a broken heart that she seemed like a zombie (it's understandable, but I want her to wake up and try to look for her baby girl, I don't know how much time has passed so maybe it'd be futile, but I think it's something she needs to do in order to find peace. I know she has no connections, so I wonder if the Archduke will be willing to help).

Anyway, I hope she can take a few days to sleep properly and rest, she's so broken and traumatized that I can understand why she's acting like this. I love Rietta so far, she has so much dignity, she's broken but she's not stupid, it's not that usual to have such mature characters and for me, this woman is giving me Ebony vibes and I live for it (every chapter I was cheering on Ebony so hard, so I feel like I'll probably do the same with Rietta).

Tysm for sharing, this story is making me feel so emo (in a good way). ono <3

Ps. Some of the female characters are giving me weird vibes but I hope I'm jus overthinking. I really wish that she can find some female friends because just probably only other women of her time would be able to understand her pain. :'c

Fed-Kun's army
Ugh the poor woman is so broken, she doesnt trust anyone😭 I hope she finds her kid again 😭😭

@Miyono-chan - My original comment made no indication of my feelings about the MC. I pity her a lot, I understand why she acts as she does, and I actually really like her, but I still want her to accept the money to try and find her daughter.

@Tammy yes, it's normal to want that: even I want her to go and look for her daughter but I got a bit too realistic there. Sorry if you felt that I attacked you: it wasn't my intention 😞

I am now curious about Rieta past life ..is she really a commoner before? she is a beauty...i know the duke is not a bad guy and he is hot hehehe

There is something really misogynistic like giving a woman money after you rape her-
She is clearly depressed and was drugged [they said the drugged her before they were going to bury her] their no way that is consensual.

But he didn't do that so- thank god

aww they always do that! People with horrific reputations are usually always the complete opposite lol

@xpeanut
aww they always do that! People with horrific reputations are usually always the complete opposite lol
Immersion-breakingly so. The reason for this cliché is simple: for females a guy with duality is the ultimate hotness. He will treat her and perhaps others kindly, but is still capable of doing anything otherwise.
And also taming the beast is a big thing in those types of stories. "The beauty and the beast" highlights this.

Users who are viewing this thread