Living as the Tyrant's Older Sister - Ch. 77

Fed-Kun's army
omg did he just call her his fairy princess? xD ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I agree with @ruth1ess though. she already knows she's gonna say yes, so why is she just delaying and causing more drama when she's gotta be her bro's gaurdian ASAP

thoroughly agree with needing to answer affirmatively to Ares, but I can kinda understand how she hesitates to lose even an ounce of her hard earned independence given all that she's been through. I mean, she had to support not only herself, but a sickly mother AND an irritating immature brat of a younger brother for all those years as a young girl - who probably would've been taken advantage of! - and then now she gets thrown into a politics game where she has no power, no wealth, no backing.

Marrying the Duke to gain rights to educate her younger brother is the sure course of action. However, I think we all know that she knows that. The more important thing here becomes the TIMING of her acceptance. Remember she had a huge audience when Edith tried to have Alicia humiliated in front of the other nobles. Accepting the proposal would've been ok, but then the perception of her would be: "She's just borrowing the power of the Duke, she's not really worth anything herself. She'll do a poor job because of her lowly origins." All they see is her lowly origins and her smithy skills, which have no bearing on educating an emperor on politics and law. "Lower class" hard labor skills don't exactly teach an emperor, do they?

However, if she is successful in organizing an event and revitalizing an economy successfully from the lowest of lows, she will gain recognition for her skills in what nobles find hard to even do. She'll have earned credibility and built her reputation so that she HERSELF is seen as worthy of educating the emperor. Key word being "seen" because perception and appearances is what really matters when you have a council voting on who gets to educate the emperor. We all know she is, but getting a council vote? It takes more than just not liking the Archduke.

Well, this is definitely the long route, but imo much more worth it if we want a CAPABLE fl calling the shots. I hope the story doesn't disappoint!

Honestly, Idg why she’s refusing to give ares an answer.

Let’s say she’s trying to gain recognition from the nobles... that recognition is meant to be for the voting of the new emperor’s guardian no? If she’s not married— or at least engaged to him, she’s not even going to be an eligible candidate! So basically, there would be no need for the voting for a start.

Then let’s say she doesn’t like him (?!?!???) that’s not even true. Girl is just in denial. Besides, they already agreed by contract that they were going to get engaged. So why??

Okay, let’s say she wants her brother to accept the engagement before making it formal. This one, I can accept to some extent but it does seem like she’s disregarding the ml feelings. She keeps saying things like pretence. While I can’t completely blame her for thinking that way, it still annoys me.

I just hope the author doesn’t drag out this issue any more. It’s beginning to feel unnecessary.

Aggregator gang
I love how the subordinate act like kids witnessing public confession in the school hallway.

Users who are viewing this thread