Lonely Attack on a Different World - Vol. 4 Ch. 38 - Why Am I Being Left Out?

Group Leader
@Jesotku

Yes, she's in the WN and LN.

@gigabarto

He specifically calls her the team mom type repeatedly in the novels, so...

@Lassie

Except... he's still just doing whatever he wants. So not sure it's a wimp fantasy heh.

Dex-chan lover
@KiTA
Being a wimp is not about not doing what one want but to accept any kind of abuse from others to avoid confrontation with them, which is the case here.
He keeps doing what he wants but don't just leave to go to his cave, like he wants, because the president is not allowing him to leave. He keeps lettings other preach to him and treat him like he needs to be protected when he is the most powerful of the bunch and they would not even be alive at this point if not for him.

He is a wimp, just happens to be an overpowered one.

Lol you pulled up the village to fight them and clearly this guy beat them single handly. FOOLS. This should be a loner story.

Group Leader
So I'm wondering if the LN is different from the WN, cause there are enough differences that like, either the Manga team is doing their own thing a bit trying to condense the novels, or the LN is different enough that there are parts that I keep noticing are off.

They were basically resigning themselves to death, find out this guy killed them all with such ease that he didn't even realize what was going on, and the guild master acts like the MC isn't cut out for this stuff and shouldn't fight anymore? Dafuq? Like I get that he was more encouraging him to not go out and doing dangerous stuff alone like that, that is reasonable, but he should have been trying to get this guy to register or find out his rank or something if he can single handily save the entire city. Use your authority to make some damn exception to the rules or something for this guy so that he's not put into a position where he can't work with you at all.

I really don't understand how no one's picked up that this kid gets fucking bored and will do whatever he want, so instead of trying to get him to sit still maybe try fucking working with him? Seriously, if he got tired of everyone trying to ground him, he could wipe you all out, but instead of trying to find some damn middle ground, like working out a plan with him, finding out what he wants, having an adventuring party travel with him (since the girls could attest that you can't form a party with him without accidentally being mind-controlled) so that he doesn't move on his own, something! This is like the 3rd time that he's gone off on his own, done something amazing (but dangerous) and they think that he's going to change his ways this time. I believe there's something commonly said about doing the same thing and expecting different results.

Dex-chan lover
@shanoc5902
I agree with all of that, but I believe the mind-control thing was 'sealed'. He just literally can't party with people because of his loner-type skills now.

Dex-chan lover
Low charisma characters, lmao. Roll it again bruh KEK

(jk, Id rather have low cha and be stupidly strong than the other way around)

Dex-chan lover
Nice Ms President.

MC why are you not affected by her charm?
If its a normal guy, who always approached by Ms President whatever the reason, they will likely be charmed.

In your case, i know you are a loner, and doesnt had much experience with dealing with woman, but..... Use your knowledge of an Otome or Galge game....

@Chizan

Honestly...he's kinda proven at least once in the novel that he actually does remember names when someone makes him break character. But he sure doesn't let that on except in extreme circumstances, he just calls everywhere and everything whatever happens to come into his head or would annoy them the most. (That poor woman who is now forever 'fishgirl' and her made up fish family.)

@Nimeri

Yes. Its Omui. There was a whole chapter where the gag was he saved the 'princess' of the frontier, Marielle Omui, daughter of the lord of the town and calls her Merimeri and the town 'some shittytown' and she spends the entire day trying to make him listen to her and remember her name and the towns name and even made up a special ID for him signed with her name in large and a large OMUI on it so that he could freely get in and out of town and look at it to remember the name of the town. In the novel she then ALSO put up a large sign outside the gates that says 'Welcome to OMUI' and has at least joked about putting one up outside the window of his room.

@shanoc5902
He doesn't mind control anyone who parties with him, he just LITERALLY can't party he can only team up with 'monsters' he's tamed basically. And he accidentally tamed the bully girls at that time.

Dex-chan lover
@dextersTomato Yes well, I think he's been going out of his way to assume the opposite of what many unpopular guys assume when someone approaches them the way she has. Rather than that classic but potentially devastating misconception of "They're talking to me an awful lot, could they be interested in me?" he's been leaning more towards "She's just talking to me at all because she's the class rep and I'm a loner." Which is a healthy mindset to take, never be so full of yourself that you think any and every interaction with someone is more than it might be. However, in this case he's only about half right. She is the very responsible class rep type of person, but she also does clearly hold special attention toward him specifically... he just has his blinders on toward that, like a self defense mechanism.

Dex-chan lover
Oh. You can't stomach me taking risks? It'll be fine. I just move to the next village, then you don't have to see it.

@kamishiniyari: "the nagging never ends"
Are you talking about the manga characters or us?

Users who are viewing this thread