Long-Awaited Feelings - Ch. 60 - What About Next Time?

Dex-chan lover
thanks for the translation!

shes right though, just an unfortunate thing that comes with acting is that you are as responsible for holding up your colleagues as they are you. hoping that they can smooth those edges

Dex-chan lover
Oof she really didn't put it softly but I think it's important for Ningwei to realise the reality of things, with that said there's a fine line between helping her face the potential consequences of her issues and bullying, and we're threading it

Dex-chan lover
If A'xiu didn't give a shit about Ningwei's future career, she wouldn't have said what she said. These are hard truths that need to be learned early before bad habits can become cement. Shes literally only speaking facts.

I really wanna say the phrase is 剑不造型糖 but it was a chengyu so I think there's an extra character in there. Anyway it means something like "Sugar can't temper swords" and that's exactly what I think is happening here. A'xiu is shaping Ningwei into a proper actress who has an awareness of her own abilities, and how those abilities and the lack thereof impact her colleagues who work just as hard.

Dex-chan lover
Oof she really didn't put it softly but I think it's important for Ningwei to realise the reality of things, with that said there's a fine line between helping her face the potential consequences of her issues and bullying, and we're threading it
Especially because this is somebody who commits suicide in the original timeline for reasons we aren't fully aware of.

A lot of what Jing is saying is eerily in tune with Ji's reincarnation and path moving forward.

"You may have gotten lucky this time, that you landed a chance to perform solo yet again"

"As long as your issues remain unresolved, your solo performances will ultimately amount to nothing, no matter how moving they may be"

"You may have a 'next time', but others might not be so lucky"

It's like she's indirectly talking to Ji. And Ji having gotten lucky in this next life is finally working to resolve her issues, acting more proactive/confident, and has way thicker skin. She won't waste her chance this time.

The parallels are a little nuttier knowing that both Ji and Ningwei died in the og timeline. So it really is make it or break it for them in more ways than one.

Especially because this is somebody who commits suicide in the original timeline for reasons we aren't fully aware of.
It was a while but I think it already was said, that she got a role for a movie out of her own skill, another more famous actress who didn't got the role was pissed, flamed her online of getting the role in a not proper way, her followers jumped onto the hate train and forced our girl into suicide. MC said also it later was resolved that Ningweis name was cleared from the rumours and that she really was one of the most precious people ever lived, even was a philanthropist but at that moment it was to late to apologise, so I am really glad that this pure, innocent soul also gets her second chance but this time with two great Senpais to guide her.

Users who are viewing this thread