looking for genderbend manga going the other direction

Dex-chan lover
ill preface this by pointing out that 9/10 times i dislike even the premise of genderbent manga but i still generally read the synopsis and i have yet to see a manga where the MC is a woman reborn into another world as a man or similar general premises. their always men reborn as women! so i wanted to ask if you guys know of any such manga breaking the mold?

Dex-chan lover
their always men reborn as women
Not a suggestion but the majority of scanlated manga that isn't BL is done by men or at least for men, and if there's one thing I know heterosexual male manga readers love, it's waifus. So most of these series appeal to male readers, and no guy is interested in someone living like a male because a guy has done that his entire life, and he wants to see someone having to live as a girl (which he hasn't). There's some stuff on TVTropes about this.

Dex-chan lover
I guess you meant genderswap instead of genderbend since you're talking about changing the sex permanently. That being said, what are you exactly trying to find? Romance or just the woman turned into a man? And if it's romance, the woman being reborn as a man that goes after guys or girls? Because by the description it seems you don't even like the genre.

Dex-chan lover
I guess you meant genderswap instead of genderbend since you're talking about changing the sex permanently. That being said, what are you exactly trying to find? Romance or just the woman turned into a man? And if it's romance, the woman being reborn as a man that goes after guys or girls? Because by the description it seems you don't even like the genre.
you are correct, im not really looking for anything to read im just curious if they exist. of course if the story turns out to be somthing i like ill give it a read but thats not necessary, any manga where a woman is turned into a man would satisfy my curiosity even if its bad(as long as its not a hentai)
https://www.mangaupdates.com/series...the+Opposite+Gender_Female+to+Male&perpage=50
Searching in MU gives 4 results, 2 of which seem to be BL reverse-harem stuff
3 of the 4 satisfy my curiosity, thank you!

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I was thinking about this as well. I think Chastity Reverse World (previously known as The World of Moral Reversal) fits; while the character herself doesn't change gender, she changes worlds into one wherein women have male sexual roles and expectations and vice versa. I thought it was an interesting take on the subject matter. A large focus of the manga is how differently the sexes are treated and treat each other and how uncomfortable someone raised under one set of expectations can be when made to conform to the other.

Power Uploader
https://mangadex.org/title/fdb3ae24-7e0d-4fa9-94e2-b194ee4d8217/bokura-no-kiseki

Bokura no kiseki is not only precisely that (MC is girl reborn as boy), it's also reverse isekai (fantasy world person died and was reborn in "real" world), and no ecchi/harem. It's an absolute must-read and probably my #1 favorite series.

Edit: very light spoilers (only the basic premise from the first couple of chapters):
There was a large fantasy-world battle with massive causalities, and dozens of people from both sides of the conflict were reincarnated into the real world, all of whom (that we know of so far) end up in the same high school class.

MC retained her (now his) memories from the beginning, but the others didn't remember until right after the story starts. A big component is the mystery of figuring out who was reborn as who, and trying to piece together everyone's memories of what actually happened that caused the battle leading to their deaths.

Most were reborn as their same gender, but there are a few gender-swaps going both ways, including the MC, as well as age changes (they're all highschoolers now regardless of their age when they died).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread