Lots of broken stuff on the ipad 2 (ios 9.3.5)

Group Leader
I know it is not a huge amount of people but i still use an ipad 2 as a manga reader and for a while stuff has been breaking each update but not a big enough issue for me to say anything about. First the new genre search wont work and now i am unable to bookmark go to the next chapter or any buttons on any chapter page.... Thanks for looking this over (tested on many diffrent browsers dolphin, chrome, safari, firefox, aloha, pufin browser, and some other ones i could find in the app store)

I'm having the exact same issue with my iPad 2. First the new search filter categories didn't work and then the follow buttons didn't work. Now tapping on the page to advance the chapter doesn't work either, the only way I can change pages is to manually edit the URL with /2, /3, /4 etc..

Dex-chan lover
Huh, I thought my gadgets was just getting old; no wonder hard-resetting it didn't work. My iPad air is suffering the same issue as well.

I'm also using Ipad2 as my reading device and I've been having the same problems since the update came live a week ago:
1. Unable to switch pages/chapters (legacy reader, buttons unresponsive)
2. Unable to bookmark series (button unresponsive)
3. Unable to post comments or forum posts (buttons unresponsive)

To sum it all up, all of the problem are related to unresponsive buttons, with the most annoying problem being the inability to switch between chapters while reading (long strip). I haven't tested if the Legacy reader is the cause for this problem though, because older devices such as Ipad2 cannot handle the Normal reader mode due to its high strain on older devices (browsers keep crashing in Normal reader mode).

What makes this even more curious is that everything was working just fine a week ago, but something changed with that site update (login update?) that came live.
I've tried to do all the obvious things from my end, such as clearing the browser caches and hard reset on my tablet, but so far none of them had any effect.
I'm aware that the site is once again under DDoS attack according to the Service Update notification on front page, but are DDoS attacks able to turn buttons unresponsive like this?

I hope that these gets resolved soon, because apparently I'm not the only one who's having them and they're hindering the reading experience.

ps.
https://cdndex.com/
I can view this site with my tablet. Just wanted to mention this, because moderators keep asking about it.

Contributor
Here are the console errors from my iPad for a reader page:

Code:
[Error] Viewport argument key "shrink-to-fit" not recognized and ignored. (540151, line 6)
[Error] ReferenceError: Can't find variable: Symbol (bundle.prod.js, line 1)
[Error] SyntaxError: Expected an identifier but found 'typename' instead (reporting.js, line 2)
[Error] SyntaxError: Expected an identifier but found 'post_id' instead (540151, line 974)

The code is using un-shimmed ES6-isms like Symbol and let instead of var, which older browsers don't recognize. A transpiler step may have been skipped.

Custom title
Staff
Developer
Yeah, the transpiling is missing from some of the scripts on the live site currently. Unfortunately the branch of the code I wrote to address it is currently involved in a minor merge hell.

Thoughts & prayers to rdn

I’m having similar issues on my old iPad I cannot even change my settings on it anymore I have to use my newer phone for that idk why a website would be discriminating on a device I would understand if this was an app but a whole device is something else at the same time apple should be updating certain things on its older devices some of these updates would not be hard to do an wouldn’t affect hardware much idk how to solve this problem but I’m now using different sites more since I cannot trust Mangadex to work anymore

Contributor
OK, I got tired of waiting. In the legacy reader, there are two lines in the inline JS:

Code:
const tag = (evt.target || evt.srcElement).tagName
and
Code:
let post_id = $(event.relatedTarget).data('post-id');

Change const and let to var and basic navigation should work again.

This is one of the most-viewed of the recent bug threads. Please apply this fix.

Contributor
Hey all, Teasday made the above change today. If you're using the legacy reader on older devices, give it another shot.

This only addresses page control in the legacy reader for now, so the other issues mentioned haven't been looked at, but page navigation was most of what I needed.

Users who are viewing this thread