Love Agency - Vol. 4 Ch. 36 - Ally

Fed-Kun's army
I think calling a character flat before they get proper attention when it's obvious they are going to get proper attention at some point later in the story is about as superficial as the interpretation they're applying to the character.
:questionblob:

A character being uninteresting due to lack of development is not a guarantee that they will receive development in the future, or that the development they get will be good.

Dex-chan lover
Well at least she know that if she could choose freely she would abandon her. So then it's a matter of time till she grows up and is able to severe ties with that crazy bitch. Good for her I guess?

Dex-chan lover
Poor Mari. Saddled with insecurity because of her terrible mother. She feels some loyalty to her mother because she can't choose how to live her own life. And she probably doesn't want something to happen to her mother, like what happened to her father.

But Mari has been a very nice girl so far. Her mother shouldn't get to project her mistakes to everyone Mari meets! Her mother needs help, but it's not the kind of help Mari can give her.

Seki, please. Save Mari!

Dex-chan lover
Wow.. for a manga that's so insightfully accurate about human psychology, the amount of callous vitriol on the mother's emotional condition in these comments is pretty shocking. The insinuation is pretty clear she's carring huge guilt and trauma over her affair and the father's death. It's absolutely not right but that it's manifesting in such an unhealthy relationship with her daughter is not only unsurprising but incredibly realistic. As so much of this manga has shown, it really characterises the mental welfare challenges affecting nearly a quarter of the population today.

Last edited:
Group Leader
On one hand, the mother is very obviously in the wrong. I’ve seen people who can be as self-centered in real life, and it’s suffocating being around them.

On the other, in this particular case isn’t Seki like the mom? After all, he’s going after Mari specifically because of her looks. Who’s to say he’ll stay faithful in the future?
The looks was the initial reason to make Seki look like a scumbag. His actual reason is to fix her. See ch 6, 7

Dex-chan lover
Can’t really focus on the story because of the drawing. Why the lineart is not consistent? Sometimes it’s clean, sometimes too rough, some of them is also too thick. And the screentone is also quite bad. Previous chapters are fine. Maybe the artist trying new techniques?

Dex-chan lover
A character being uninteresting due to lack of development is not a guarantee that they will receive development in the future, or that the development they get will be good.
This is a main character we're talking about here, by a creator who's previously delved much deeper into side characters than this. And if you assume it's going to be bad, I'd suggest just stop reading already. Why read if you think it's going to get worse and you're already complaining?

Edit: Wow, the hypocrisy. Don't complain about other people's reading comprehension when yours is trash. If you felt insulted, that wasn't what I intended, but you deserve every bit of it. Also whining about blowing things out of proportion when you're doing it yourself.

the amount of callous vitriol on the mother's emotional condition in these comments is pretty shocking.
She made the bed. Now she's lying in it. Both meanings of the word. She's a direct contributor to two characters' lack of good mental health. I don't find it shocking when people want retribution. And that's not even taking into account how common it is to see comments asking for blood over any minor slight.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
This one of the instances I say "fuck family!" And not in the R18+ way.

Like actually just leave bro, your mom needs to be put under help and you need to get away and build yourself back up aswell with help also.

The fact you know your mom is mentally unwell, and yet you just encourage her behavior by following what she says and allow her to manipulate your life, just shows you grew up weak and a coward.

And you would definitely get used if you even get a job.

Get both yourself and your mom a psychiatrist, and actually just live on your own, get a part-time job.

Stop thinking you have no power to choose for yourself in life, and just start making decisions and do them!

Stop thinking too much about this, just leave!
Yeah... It's not easy as that.
Not just because of financial reasons, but because of mental health reasons.
It's really more complex.

Dex-chan lover
It would be very understandable if her mom got trust issues and became unstable because her husband cheated on her. But how can she get in this situation when she's the one who cheated on him?
1) She have mental issues, don't know which one thought
2) She caused someone else suicide, this is her distorted way to cope with it

Dex-chan lover
I don't think she's mature enough to go through with that, and considering that's the parent that raised her she's remarkably well put together. Calling her weak and a coward is weak in itself, though.
This.
Considering that her father killed himself (this alone is enough to mentally break someone) and that she decided (kind of) to go with her mother, that was obviously the wrong one and then after his father was alone hi killed himself (with adds to guilty).
And then she was leave only with a mentally broke mother...
Yeah, I am sure she is WAAAAAAY better than she could be.

Dex-chan lover
One more thing.
I think the fact that she made the wrong decision of going with her mother and after that her father killed himself could made her think that she was responsible for his death at some level. With would contribute with her fear of taking ANY decision

Fed-Kun's army
This is a main character we're talking about here, by a creator who's previously delved much deeper into side characters than this. And if you assume it's going to be bad, I'd suggest just stop reading already. Why read if you think it's going to get worse and you're already complaining?
Your reading comprehension is cooked buddy.

I didn't say it would be bad. I said a character not receiving development isn't a guarantee that they would or that it would be good. Acknowledging that there isn't a guarantee in quality of writing doesn't mean you automatically assume it's going to be bad.

Akas had plenty of moments where his writings questionable.
Fujiwaras only moment of "character development" in 281 chapters of Love is War was the flashback of her being fed up with Piano and giving it up due to Kaguya's comment
Or in OnK
Ruby is a "main" character but she was sidelined for ages, and the development she received was speed-ran and has become almost like a joke because of the incest memes.
Or back in Love is War Aka
set up a potential plot where the students in Kaguyas class in third year at Shujin would "protect" her from the inevitable showdown with her family, but then none of those classmates were relevant at all.
I can keep going too lmao.

He isn't some infallible author. However all my original comment was for was to indicate that I'm glad Mari seems to be receiving story attention so hopefully the comments about her being annoying die down.

You did a stellar job reminding me of why I don't engage in the first place though. Turning my innocuous initial comment into a personal insult about how my consumption of the manga is shallow or whatever.

In fact looking at your comments in this thread, you seem to be responding to people just to disagree with them and are also missing very obvious sarcasm(like the comment from ysil69).
:facepalm:

Well at least she know that if she could choose freely she would abandon her. So then it's a matter of time till she grows up and is able to severe ties with that crazy bitch. Good for her I guess?
Are u sure about that

I actually understand mari a lot

My father used to be a good person but started becoming more and more angry at even the smallest things and it got worse and worse, now he goes outside only for groceries and drinks a lot. I no longer think of him as a good person but more as a flawed angry all the time guy. If i met someone like him irl i would try not to get close to them. But i still feel like mari, he is an angsty guy but i cannot just leave him HE IS MY DAD

Users who are viewing this thread