I remember reading this quite a while ago. At the time, I thought I was cis and never really understood non-binary people. I wasn't against them persay, I've always had the mindset of "if you don't understand or can't understand, then just shrug your shoulders and move on", but I always felt confused at the topic. Despite that, I still really liked this story, and the way it explored gender, how we wish to avoid it, and how it affects us despite it.
At the time, I never realized how rare this type of representation, real nonbinary representation was, in manga, and how unique this story is for playing around with that. Now here I am, several years later... and nonbinary. Turns out, a lot of what I didn't understand was because I thought those feelings of feeling not quite right as either gender... were normal, and struggled to understand them because I couldn't understand how they were different from me, because apparently, they weren't really, and it was me who was different from everyone else. And I'm excited to see how this revelation changes my view on this story.