Love Nest 2nd - Vol. 2 Ch. 11

Fed-Kun's army
I've always thought Hozumi was putting a lot more effort into making the relationship succeed and making both of them happy. I mean there is no way to quantify how much each person is trying but I just always got the feeling that Hozumi is a little desperate and trying too hard to make his partner comfortable and happy, maybe he is terrified of the mere thought of them breaking up. And it feels like his partner isn't as eager and open in the relationship which makes this a hard read sometimes

@Akera93
Awww, you're right. I used to hate Hozumi with a passion (back in Change World series) so I never see him as the one who sufferred. What you said is made sense, I just realized it now.

Btw, it's the 11th chapter already without any important problem/issue happenned. Is it gonna be a slow-pacing heart-warming slice-of-life kind of manga or am I missing something?

Fed-Kun's army
@Starstruck

There hadn't been any major issues but I feel like there is a sad undertone in this story from the start. The seme is hiding stuff and it isn't necessarily wrong since sometimes people do that with past issues. But it feels like those past issues are affecting his present and the Hozumi seems very sensitive to his partner's emotions and worries yet he is been told nothing so he had no choice but to be there for him but he doesn't even know why...
I just find this sad.

@Sanbaisan
He didn't even think to find out about it🙄
I'm starting to see what @akera93 meant. Asahi is too absorbed in his self-pity and self-doubt so he didn't pay enough attention to Masato's need. It does seem Masato has been putting much more effort into the relationship compared to Asahi.

Btw, I looooooove to have many scenes with Ikuo and Yousuke in them 😍. Too bad those scenes mainly only shows Yousuke's little jealousy towards Masato. I think Minaduki-sensei meant it as a comic relief, but I don't think it works. It's a waste to see them portrayed as one dimensional characters (the jealous Yousuke and the clueless Ikuo) while in previous series they are much more than that. I hope they'll get another series after this, considering potential sources of conflict that have been hinted previously (Yousuke's strict parents and an older brother who might against his relationship).

@Starstruck Ehhh... I think you're being a little too harsh. I've never read Iku/Senpai's story, but they seem interesting and 3D characters to me. (Also, this isnt their story, lol). I DO agree about Asahi - he is being a little self-absorbed here and I hope he has some come-uppance in the next chapter. And I realize that Masato must have been a raging insecure douche before, (again, I've only read Love Nest) but I think he's working hard to make amends. I really like him for that! ^^

@Sanbaisan
Ahahaha, I did sound a bit too harsh, didn't I🤭? I didn't mean it that way. After thinking back, now I remember that there are several occasions when the dynamics were not merely about jealousy. However I still think Yousuke's jealousy & adoration is too much on display. Of course this story is not about them, that was also occured to me when typing my previous comment. But I still think the mangaka could portray their interactions in more various ways.

Minaduki-sensei is my favourite mangaka. I haven't found yet other mangakas who could draw handsome characters, detailed background with interesting angles, and also write heart-wrenching stories like her. Other mangakas who draw handsome men usually lack the heart-wrenching element in their stories (e.g. Zariya, Ike Reibun, Enzou, Michinoku Atami, Usui Iroha, Aion Kiu), while the ones who write touching enough stories usually draw average to good-looking guys, but not as handsome as I expected (e.g. Natsume Isaku, Kanai Kei, Itsuki Kaname, Sakura Rico). So, yeah, Minaduki Yuu is on the top of my list right now.

I'm glad that while I adore Minaduki-sensei's works (to the point of risking other people get bored by my blabbing), I'm not blind to weak points in her works. Unfortunately, I did find several of them in Love Nezt 1 and 2 (although her drawing is much improved), which I think because of there are too many issues she want to cover in a story. I didn't find such weakness in her previous works.

Users who are viewing this thread