Love Quest for a Servant Girl - Vol. 2 Ch. 36

HELLO! DIO! AND RICARDO SIR?! FIRST OF ALL, THAT IS A WHOLE CHILD!!!! SECOND, SHE CAN MAKE HER OWN DECISIONS THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

You're all assuming they're talking in a love way. Ricardo sees her as a little girl, everyone does, nobody treats her like a proper adult because she's crearly a child. And the red hair man is interested in her for her powers, it's obvious, he's always messing around with new things to make her eat them. The only one who's interested as a partner is the boy who already left.
The guy who always leaves for a long time is the male lead.
Calm down, enjoy the fluffyness!

@Mato Ricardo is confirmed the ML based on the novel.
I believe there is intended to be a 2 year EDIT: it's a 5 year timeskip before he makes his move, tho.

Imo, I don't believe Ricardo means it in a romantic way now, but seems like we are getting to the part of the story where his feelings for her are budding. The reasons why his feelings are initially romantic in nature and not as a parent figure to a child, or as an older brother figure, are part of a larger spoiler.

I just want Nina to live a happy life with the duke... please, the two of them together is so WHOLESOME!

It's too early to tell as far as Dio goes, but if you missed out on all of the romance vibes by Ricardo so far then...
I'm sorry but you deserve to be the protagonist of an otome game. There's just no way he isn't ML using manhwa logic.

Personally I'm not really creeped out, not yet. As long as he ends up letting her make her own decisions - but he does have that possessive vibe to him.
And discussing her as if she were property isn't really helping his cause.
I feel like it's too early to get mad though. Korean stories ares usually more two-sided than Chinese ones. (please tell me I didn't jinx it)

They are not referring to her as property... they are referring to her being a risk. And I’m pretty sure at face value at least, Dio meant send her to me instead of disposing of her if it came to that... stop jumping to these crazy delusions people. I’m not sure because you never know, but since Nina is an orphan, Dio could always be caring for her in a parental way here. Are you telling me you wouldn’t want to care for Nina if she had nowhere to go? She may be isekaid but she is a child.

Dex-chan lover
irl id be pissed but this is fake this is drama ill allow myself to swoon a lil bc manhwa aint reality 😌

It’s normal back then to get engaged to a 12yo. But here, Nina is 16, Duke Alex is 16 and the kibg is 19

@MDC the thing about human rights is that they've always existed. Rape didn't become bad just because we realized women should have a say over their body. Slavery didn't become bad the moment we realized hey black people are people too.

These things were always bad, full stop. Just because it was acceptable at one point in time doesn't change the fact that it was wrong.

I don't think he means as a lover as people are thinking, but as a guardian. At least, that's the vibe I'm getting.

I didn't get why a lot of people saw it in a pedo way, to me was something "if you lose that interest, instead of dispose (kill) of her, let me take care of her", Dio and Leo (the knight) had always act like older brothers to Nina, just Ricardo and the Duke feel diferent

Ugh really now? She’s not a thing you pass down when you don’t want

Aggregator gang
I'm hoping that they are talking about like adopting her or something.

@Lizsa123

Agreed. I can kind of see how it's treating her like an object, but uh... That is pretty much her reality in the position she holds. She is literally at the mercy of her superiors. Which does kind of ruin the romance as that's an icky power differential that she can't really change...

@Bobbykewl oh the king is 19 and nina is 16? Well according to that story, isn't 16 is where a person becomes an adult? So this means he's not a pedo? Still I'm shipping her with ricardo though

Users who are viewing this thread