Love Quest for a Servant Girl

I think the author did a good job at making the MC likable. I've seen other stories where they tried to give the MC a similar personality but it wasn't done as well.

I honestly would prefer if the saintess and his highness just adopted Nina. Like the age gap is waaaayyy too big >~<

Plus I think a father-daughter dynamic works better between them.

I don't mind the Duke as long as he learns and grows into a person who respects women a bit better.

Anyways she's just baby, how could he ever see her any different after basically taking her in 😭

I was gonna drop this but now it's getting interesting, any romantic development between the king and Nina I'm outta here.

@K00K13 @Aflowerlove250 Everyones age will surprise you.

The King is 19 though he looks older. The Saintess is also around that age. Both are too young to have a 14 year old daughter.

I wonder why most webnovels love making the Main Cast super hot and adult looking even though they are teens.

@duskylolturn

Wow that's surprising. I'd put the king's age at around like mid 20s from the way the author portrays him, same with the saintess.

I still feel uncomfortable with the pairing though because of the mental age gap as well. Nina clearly still acts like a little girl who is inexperienced with the world and will always have a disadvantage when compared to the King. Even when she grows up. The power dynamic is still imbalanced, even if she was older when she reincarnated. Her actions and thoughts feel very "teenager" like to me even if the author probably didn't intend for it to be like that. I mean I'm nineteen (turning twenty soon) and she seems like a smol child to me. I don't know if it's just my personal preferences but I could never imagine being with someone 5 years younger than me 🤷 That's like a whole different mini generation with their own references, culture and trends.

But yeah webnovels are weird when it comes the appearance of the main cast. Everyone looks older and mature and confusing as heck.

@duskyloltun
yeah that makes sense, but honestly never knew the king was 19, cuz I mean he can't be 19 and that great of a king right but if you see the circumstances he was brought up in…
you know what nvm. I have no idea what logic half of these manga, manwha, and manhua writers put into this stuff

man I know the ML is most likely gonna be the king, but I want Nina to get with the grand duke...much better in terms of age, and also he's cute. a romance between Nina and the king is just weird hhhhh

She really did bite her own mouth. Ouch. Good thing she has passive healing cuz if not it'd suck to eat for weeks.

She was isekai'd so she's mentally older even if she's naive.

Also, it seems like the plot is set back in the times when 30 year olds and such would marry 12 and 13 year old wives right out of debut. In all honesty it's not that bad if you choose to read the story in the time it was meant to be set. Again, also the fact that she is isekai'd and is actually older.

The drawing style also makes it much worse by drawing them to look so dramatically dofferent in age, BUT again, she was raised in an orphanage so I wouldn't be surprised if she was malnouished.

They’re only 5 years different, right? Then their love is somehow acceptable, though. I see teacher-student love all the time in shoujo manga.

Users who are viewing this thread