Love Score - Vol. 1 Ch. 5 - Yuuji and Mia

Dex-chan lover
that's what you get for waiting, a fucking 78% wasn't low, especially afterwards.

he deserved it, good for her.

Dex-chan lover
@rebel16 you know what, you're right, it was bad worded... I mean it was more like how it ended was well done, to use that as a lesson, as other people mention, guy hesitated so he lost his chance with her ... 'cause even if the simulation shows the results are good, the real life is another thing so it's not like the girl is gonna act exactly as he wanted or wait for the guy ('cause we actually don't know if she was interested in the guy).

also hotdamn, what does this girl share or have in her social media for the simulation to almost make a yandere outta her.

Dex-chan lover
Shame we won't get any more lewd scenes of her, I really loved her character design.

Some very interesting information about the way that the app functions, though in reality it would be impossible to simulate the world that way. Makes me wonder once again if something more supernatural is going on or if this is the full explanation. I am certainly willing to say that it passes my bar for how realistic a story has to be right now. Although it basically classifies as horror to me that people would ever be willing to install an app that would dive so deeply into their personal lives.

I hope that this has more chapters, though this chapter would honestly be a very fitting ending. I really like the message that sometimes you just have to throw yourself into a relationship and not get so caught up in whether it will work out.

I do feel like this was an odd manga written by someone with romantic experience for others with the same. The author is good but clearly doesn't know their target audience. Give me more harems of women fawning over any guy that treats them with basic courtesy.

Dex-chan lover
@greatninja3: in a sense, it is, but I get your point. If you read a bit in this chapter, when he finally chose to confess to Chise, he felt relieved, like he already had feelings for her beforehand. But instead he run the app with other girls looking for better scores, making him lose time and maybe the thing that made him be too late. (In fact I'm convinced because it seems that she started dating when he was reviewing the other girls) It's not lacking confidence in himself in the general sense, but in the decision he's making.

And as for this app... I personally hope that something like this never exists. I see it that it has the exact same flaw dating apps/sites has:
It depends on user-submitted data from various sources. As the asshole doctor says often: people lie. It doesn't even has to be malicious lies, just havin a self-image a bit off of how you really are, for better or for worse is enough. That's why, even the dating site/app admins will tell you, that is better to actually contact and know the person in conversation, for it's usually harder to lie in person than in profile. That render those sites as icebreakers and first contact, but that's it.

Great chapter here, explaining how the app works which confirmed my assumptions. Wiss reminds me of the app in the Black Mirror episode titled Hang the DJ.

I'm looking forward to the next one because the last panel hints that the perspective might shift to Chise.

Thanks again @ThePaulBunyanTrophy!

Fed-Kun's army
@Kin_

It's about 3 days I think. If you look at where Yuuji is waiting when he first ran the sim with Chise, it's the same spot where he runs the sim with Sumire, and then where he talks to Igarashi senpai on the phone. And he goes to the bar where he meets Ayaka and the third sim is run. So the first 3 were run in the matter of hours. Then he meets Moe the next day (Yuuji talks about the hangover) and Moe runs the sim right after. Granted, we don't know how much time passed until Mia comes along, but there's nothing to indicate a lot of time had passed. And as of that time, Chise was still solo because he checked the app before that and the Dating notification wasn't on. And before running the sim with Chise, Yuuji talks about how he had little interaction with Chise before so he doesn't know that much about her. In that circumstance, it's only natural for you to wait and think a bit before trying to start a relationship. So I absolutely don't think he waited too long or was being indecisive. If everyone took starting a relationship as seriously as he did, it'd probably be for the better. So rather than him being indecisive, it's just the nature of relationship that sometimes, it just doesn't work out for you.

So where did Chise meet her bf? Maybe at the live, which was the same day when Yuuji ran the sim with Chise? That seems likely. And if they just got together as Yuuji decided to try dating Chise, then he didn't wait much longer than Chise herself who presumably met the bf on the same day. It's all speculation but still, if Yuuji and Chise waited approximately the same time, what makes one indecisive and the other not?

Y'all have no idea about the burst of endorphine I had when I saw the update on my list.

Thanks for the scanlator, I'm hoping for another swift updates. Cheers!

Thanks team for getting this new chapter up! I'm hooked on this, good art, good story, GIMME MOOOREE

PoH

Deserve it. This is what you get from being greedy.

Tbh I feel a bit disturbed reading this.

Dex-chan lover
@ThePaulBunyanTrophy make senses.. maybe at that time her bf already make a progress with Chise even before Yuuji starting the sim simulators...
Who knows what happen at the next update

Supporter
@thegiantpossum My mind keeps going back to page 24. There's something about how Kusakabe-san uses "we have access to an incredibly detailed depository of information" that 'sticks in my craw.' When he's asked to clarify, he turns it into something of a "we (as a species)," but I still have this personal feeling of it in reality being more of a "we (as a company)." Something at play akin to Clarke's Third Law: Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

@lesseffective Yeah looking back on that page he majorly dodges the question by talking about how first impressions are formed rather than how in the world the app creates an AI even remotely capable of mimicking human behavior. They would certainly need a near total level of information on not only the couple but even related third parties, such as the parents in the fourth chapter.

The MC was unlucky ...

Those who didn't understand, the MC used the app to SIMULATE the dating with the girls, he didn't date them. It is not an NTR story!

Users who are viewing this thread