Love Thy Neighbor - Ch. 40.5 - Season 1 End - Author's note

Any updates on the status of this translation? Are you going to continue updating it, or will you drop it and let Lezhin handle it?

the scans are gonna continue as lezhin is 3 weeks behind as of now.
chapter 41 is in proofreading and chapter 42 is being translated
Soooo… Is the TL still happening or nah? Cuz it’s been 3 weeks since you said that Ch. 41 is in proofreading. Not complaining or trying to rush you or anything, but I just wanna know if I should wait for this to continue, or if I should move on.

For those who'll spend a few bucks for it (and support the author while you're at it), you can read the official english TL on Lezhin. Chapter 42 came out just today.

yk who jinju reminds me of? Go hyun-Jung’s character (kim mo mi) in the kdrama series Mask Girl. Specifically the hospital scene in episode 7, right or am I trippin? Same clothes and everything

Group Leader
Soooo… Is the TL still happening or nah? Cuz it’s been 3 weeks since you said that Ch. 41 is in proofreading. Not complaining or trying to rush you or anything, but I just wanna know if I should wait for this to continue, or if I should move on.
hey there, I just picked the first comment I saw and I am very (very very very) late with this but... long story short: bc of personal reasons I had way less time to continue scanlating properly and keep up a reasonable pace... while I really (really really really) do enjoy scanlating this series I also lost lots of useful time to be "ahead" of lezhin schedules.
Also I'd like to point out that Lezhin rips are available on batoto (just to name one website), so all of my work would feel, again, a bit pointless.
I'll be honest, I am currently highly undecided whether to keep up the scanlations or not (also yes, chapter 41 and 42 are basically in the same state as I said last time in... November?? lool time is a bitch). I'm undecided always bc by the time I reach the current episode, chapter 54, lezhin will likely be on par with the scans.
While I do enjoy more my own scans (haha ups) and sometimes the lack of "care" from lezhin is disappointing, I still think that this English scan will get eventually a DCMA. Especially if the author goes for the long run. This is based on my personal feeling so no real objective fact, mind you. However, back to feeling a bit pointless.
This goes for the English scan, since it's licensed.
All of this doesn't apply to other languages, so I might just get back to the Italian one at my own (now very slow) pace because it's damn near impossible for the Italian version to get licensed lol.

TLDR: time is a bitch and I underestimated the amount of time this would take, so it's hard for me rn to keep up a consistent schedule. Since the official (paid) release and the ripped (free) one are easy to find online, so I'm undecided whether to continue scanlating or not. I'd love to continue but I'll see what I can do, lezhin didn't even translate the author's specials and Lezhin's lack of care shows a lot imo.

Users who are viewing this thread