Lv2 kara Cheat datta Moto Yuusha Kouho no Mattari Isekai Life - Vol. 3 Ch. 12 - Dark Grand Mage Damarinasse

Wait, I'm confused...Page 13, the knight girl, specifically stated "him" towards that long-eared demon despite having boobs. Is it a mistake of the translator?

Dex-chan lover
@primrosea
it was birelli, the archer girl, things go happy between them because he can turn into a human lol

@alidan yeah i know, my point was that the manga has been toning down alot of stuff or skipping others somewhat compared to the LN, WN is another thing since it stopped being the same as how the LN go anyway, so probably there will be things that the manga gonna end up skipping

@DioBrando lame, but oh well, this is the problem with picking a side from a genderless

Fed-Kun's army
Like a certain slime, Hiya is smooth down there.

@suzubelle
You want to compare a being that is so powerful that he got infinity symbols in all of his stats instead of numbers with a thot that last time ended up sealed up as a sword pedestal? *laughs dryly*

Dex-chan lover
@Fari ment it more for writing and literature then a conversation. Where writing about a character that has no gender can be a challenge key word being "can" as it's not impossible. There is a reason why you often see translated web novels have to change the pronouns of a character because they guessed wrong. I say this from a bit of experience when I had to write about Nezah for an asian literature class.

Dex-chan lover
@Sharkexpert12 Not sure I understand where the difficulty comes in?
I mean, certainly conversation is the easiest, but I mean, any time I refer to any person I'm not sure about the gender of I apply they in a proper fashion (which is like 95% of my they usage, alongside a 5% NB people or what have you) and it's honestly just easier overall.

I'm not sure where that falls short for literature? Would love some examples of how it can be challenging.

Also huh, is Nezha not just male? I thought they were a very effeminate male character, granted, my knowledge of Nezha is pretty cursory (heard the name more in video game derivatives than proper lit...)

Dex-chan lover
jezz royal family, stop sealing every bad guy in the same treasury. at least try to put them into different rooms!

He? Her? I know sometimes they dont specify a gender but constantly switching is gonna confuse the hell out of people just pick a gender roll with it but leave a translation note saying gender was not specified or just do "he/her" looks dumb as a translation but still better then switching genders other then that thanks for the chapter.

@Porg I see...I'm still confused though that some people here stated that in the Novel the author depicted Hiya as genderless, but I never read the novel. So...I'll just stick to Hiya as a girl instead.

Contributor
There were 2 beings sealed in the castle, now that's something I didn't expect.

I still wonder just who is Tsuuya though, is she just a simple servant of the blond hero...?
Somehow it feels like there's more to her than just a mere lackey of that fool
And that fool himself hasn't been named yet (or I just missed it), although it's not really that important

Users who are viewing this thread