Machikado Mazoku - Vol. 3 Ch. 38 - Secrets of 10 Years Ago! Memories Shaped Like Petals

@yurirei
They said that AFTER Shamiko told them about Sakura's core too... So that argument falls flat on its face. I'm talking about a later chapter.
Those points are completely irrelevant. I am saying Sakura didn't syphon much mana, because otherwise she could keep up an astral projection of herself in a dream longer than 5 minutes. If mana conservation was tied to form in this situation she would have appeared as a cat.

The part about animal forms and cores has nothing to do with the point I refuted, so there is no need to tie your hopes about that to it. All I am saying is that Shamiko's mana reserves and quality are terrible. You made it sound like Shamiko actually has lots of mana reserves and her magic attack is only weak because Sakura steals it, which is completely unfounded. That's why I corrected you. She is just that weak.

Dex-chan lover
Good Job, Shamiko! You married Momo in your sleep! For your next mission Seduce Mikan. Wait... you've already done that.

Dex-chan lover
DARKNESS PEACH

I agree with Shamiko, Momo does look good in black. And her scars makes her look cool too.

@giraffemangome

Aaaaaaa. I'll implement all of those changes sometime today. Thanks. We could really do with some level of qc from a person with a firm grasp of japanese before we typeset, but c'est la vie.

As the page title suggests, it's Momo's new ultimate technique (and true ultimate technique if she uses it):
"Fresh Peach Blood Shower!!!"

Honestly, such a crazy/volatile trait Shamiko inadvertently woke up in Momo, she better take responsibility.

EDIT: BTW, I just noticed (and it's been there for a while). Lilith has been wearing the clothes Mikan gave Shamiko, which the latter didn't want cause it exposes her shoulders to cold... Seems it doesn't quite fit Lilith in size though (since of course, she is clearly lacking in one aspect compared to Shamiko)

Dex-chan lover
It still hurt me each time we see smol Yuko because of how terrible her condition was back then and that it take most of Sakura power to make her heathly. Also, i don't know if it's explain but did Yuko choose to take her sister's curse or did it was put unconsciously ?

@Lilliwyt
It was not explained up to the latest translated raws, so we simply don't know. In fact Sakura's casual remark is the only thing we even know about it at all.
Though I heard the untranslated raws explain it... or at least part of it.

Dex-chan lover
One thing I found interesting is that even when presented with a chance to absorb all of Momo's power and end her, Lilith turned her down. She could've lied and accepted it even knowing it wouldn't be enough. Truthfully that would still be a bad idea in the longterm because it'd have destroyed her relationship with her descendant whom she is absolutely reliant on but...

Either Lilith's not as thick as she pretends to be and is able to see that, or she's a lot nicer and more honest than even she knows.

Like BugDemon has been saying, the characters in this story are a lot more psychologically complicated than they'd need to be even for a simple comedy. That's pretty compelling.

I was waiting for this chapter. This, along with the following, are my favorite chapters (not counting volume five and chapters after that volume).

Although, I am honestly surprised how everyone mentioned the fact that Momo was willing to give her life for the good of Shamiko but no one mentioned that Shamiko was willing to do the same. After all, even having discovered that Sakura's nucleus was sustaining her life, and that removing it from her body could deteriorate her health (perhaps to the point of killing her in the long term), she still wanted Sakura to go with her to the real world just to be able to make Momo happy.

That is the reason why I love this chapter (apart from the fall of momo, the great revelations and the progression of the plot). It shows you that the relationship between Momo and Shamiko has reached a point where they both care more for the other than for themselves, to the point that if one had to sacrifice for the good of the other, they would do so without any doubt.

@MidnighTea
Lilith is highly self-centered, but she is not evil. She herself didn't know what taking blood meant for the magical girls, and properly sympathized when told.

... Mainly, I think Lilith would definitely not do something that made Shamiko sad, whether it affected their relationship or not. That aside, Lilith considers Momo a good girl, at most she wants petty payback for the rather deserved treatment she has received from her.

@Reiba1925
Good point. When pressed by time, she did not think of her own curse or even her father's seal. Only about making Momo smile again.

Like you said, both are placing the other's well being before theirs... though somehow I found Shamiko's reaction very sweet while Momo's somewhat alarming 😅 (darkly funny though)

@Reiba1925
I think the reason why everyone's so much more preoccupied by Momo's attempted sacrifice is because it would've been a much more graphic sacrifice. Slit wrists are both messy and a common for of suicide, so it hits a bit harder than magically giving away your good health.

Fed-Kun's army
So Shamiko is basically on life support all this time and Momo forces her to train with a tire.

Aggregator gang
The more I read this manga, the more I question if the "Light Clan" is really the side of good. That curse is something vicious to the point where a child has been living on life support for a decade. Judging how demons so far act and from what Momo says about most magical girls, it comes off as a one sided genocide.

@Morsealworth
Calling it life support isn't really correct anymore. The moment Shamiko awakened to her demon blood she became healthy. Nothing Momo makes her do is any more dangerous to her than to a healthy person. If Sakura's core was taken away she would get deathly ill though.

@RagnMunkeez
That's because you only know one side of the equation here. As Momo and Mikan mentioned, there are world threatening events all the time. There are extremely strong and evil demons out there that want world domination or even to destroy it. Magical girls and the Light Clan are not the "good guys" by default, but they did save the world countless times. The issue is with those magical girls that have no morals and use their powers to hunt down innocent and weak demons and being that oppose the natural order. The navigators want them all sealed or killed, but the magical girl is completely autonomous and can decide what she wants to do. That's why Sakura could create a safe haven for demons or why Momo can willingly fall to darkness without Metako interfering.

Basically there is no good side, only gray. Each individual's moral compass decides whether they are good or bad.

@BugDemon

I think that in the current state of the manga, it is still very soon to ensure that Light clan is bad, good or morally gray.

Momo mentioned that currently, most demons and magical girls are peaceful. So at this time, the navigators seem more like obsolete automatons that continue to comply (using questionable methods, worthy of an incubator) the orders they were given (recruit "soldiers" and instigate them to fight) despite that is no longer being required. Now, Who are the bosses of these "machines"? With what purpose were they given these orders in the begining? And, why haven't they been ordered to stop if the current times are peaceful? These are questions that still need answers.

Users who are viewing this thread