Machikado Mazoku - Vol. 4 Ch. 48 - A New School Term! The Magical Girl’s New Role!

@BugDemon
The uniform in the flashback looks different, may it not be middle school first year when they met?

Wait, didnt shamiko give momo her cell phone number earlier? What happened with that?
@Evron Thanks for clarifying. My dumb ass didnt even think of that, lol

Of course there's a lot of weirdos in the school (and town). Horns? People with animal ears/tails? Talking animals? No matter what comes strolling around, no one gets surprised for more than 2 seconds. Now that's a chill town.

@obby
She gave Momo her home number.

@Evron: This is what I think. Otherwise my interpretation of Page 7 would imply Shamiko had been hospitalized for nearly a decade, and this would be absurd. A person who have been discharged for less than half a year could hardly see herself "ordinary" (Chapter 1), unless Shamiko was really deluded--something I'd be doubtful about.

We start Mikan's arc. God. Not much time left to keep up with catch up Shamilator's translations. I will miss the speed of publication of the chapters when that happens.
Shamiko's school uniform looks really good on Mikan.
“Feel free to ask anything, even about magical girls or the curse”
YES! We will finally know more about Momo's and Mikan's past as magical girls! God, what emotion. And as plus, we will learn a little more about the light cl-
“How do you like your fied eggs?”
“Where do you wash first when you're taking a bath”
“Are you the type to eat deepfried food early in the morning”
...😠
Ogura! Stop using Lillith as a laboratory rat!
https://mangadex.org/chapter/763884/5
God, I love how not even the extras are normal people XD.
“I’m in the health committe”
That fits quite well with Shamiko. I guess that explains why she was able to take good care of Momo when she got sick, and why she is a priestess in kirara fantasia.
It was great to see the first meeting of Anri and Shamiko... But where Anri got that wheelbarrow?
https://mangadex.org/chapter/763884/8
In Moments like that, Shamiko really looks how if she was Momo's older sister. Sakura couldn't leave her little sister in better hands. Momo needs someone who knows how to take care of her but also scolds her so she can have a productive life.
That page of credits was better than any joke in the chapter 🤣 (I support that ship, by the way 😊).

@ascendedLight
@Evron
Those were the winter uniforms. It can be seen in chapter 65
Edition:
Image here https://s2.desu-usergeneratedcontent.xyz/a/image/1568/86/1568860174048.jpg
PD:I don't know whether to hide the Link or not because, for one side, it is the page of a future chapter, on the other side, it is an untranslated page where nothing especially important happens. What do you think?

Dex-chan lover
The cat gathering committee is doing god's work, and you can't convince me otherwise.

@Reiba1925 Our translation team rewrote a lot of his translation for this chapter anyway. I just asked one of them what impact translating from scratch would have and he says that we could probably get a chapter out at least weekly when we run out of translations from /a/.

@gpot97
Thanks for the info. I'm glad to hear that. Of course, I also appreciate your work. Thank you all for taking the trouble to translate this manga for all of us! 😄

@Reiba1925
I see. It's kinda weird as Anri gives the feeling of being her oldest friend (though perhaps she is anyway, poor Shamiko 😥)

... BTW, the health committee was probably the only place pre-horns Shamiko could safely join.

Dex-chan lover
I know this is a very unpopular thought, but I don't really like the idea of Momo falling. She was depressed and lonely at the beginning of the series, but she was also a lot more positive and nicer. I think she should stay a magical girl.

On the other hand, the worsening of her mood could come from unexpressed, tsundere-stupid love.

@thofheinz I think Momo's more cruel/dark personality comes simply from her stepping out of her shell and showing her true self instead of hiding behind this idealised concept of being a Magical Girl and the town's protector. She was always kinda cruel and dark.

Dex-chan lover
@Loona_Roses

Maybe so, but Mikan has been sincerely surprised at the change from a few years back. I don't think Mikan has a surface perception of Momo.

I'm interested to see how this is going, though. I really don't think Momo is cruel by nature. In fact, she's inclined toward kindness. But Sakura is fine with how things are going and trusts the demon girl, so all is cool.

I do think that if the useless/disaster lesbian tsundere barrier would fall, a lot would improve.

@ascendedLight @thofheinz I don't think Momo is really "cruel" persay, she is still kind, worries about others and tries to help, even those she doesn't get along with.
I just think she has a bit of a lazy, selfish, callous and cold streak to her. Which isn't bad, it gives her more depth, shows she is thinking of herself more rather than disregarding her own well being, as she did in the earlier chapters.
Also, I think Shamiko has been actively combatting Momo's dark side every since that first dream visit. X'D

@thofheinz
“I don't really like the idea of ​​Momo falling”
“I think she should stay a magical girl”
As someone with the opposite view, let me give my opinion. I think that the best thing for Momo would be to fall into darkness and cut all her ties with the light clan. Remember that much of her bad experiences in the past were fault her work as a magical girl. Work that, by the way, Momo clearly doesn't want to do anymore
https://s6.mkklcdnv6.com/mangakakalot/g1/gk919264/vol1_chapter_0/6.jpg In fact, since the beginning of the series, she have expressed several times that she wanted to get rid of everything that had to do with magic girls. https://mangadex.org/chapter/677188/7 Why should she continue to be a magical girl if that is clearly a life she does not want to have and only caused problems for her so far? On the other hand, falling into darkness would allow Momo to cut all ties with her past at once and always be in a pacific place, with the people she loves.
“She was depressed and lonely at the beginning of the series, but she was also a lot more positive and nicer.”
It's like @Loona_Roses said. Lillith mentioned from the beginning that falling into darkness would not alter Momo's personality https://mangadex.org/chapter/720836/12. What we have seen after the fall is Momo's true self. The only thing that changed in her is that she has become more expressive about what she feels (thanks to Shamiko influence), that's all. Let me give you some examples of how Momo from the beginning showed the dark behaviors she presents now: https://mangadex.org/chapter/705485/2
https://mangadex.org/chapter/716331/4
https://mangadex.org/chapter/687421/11
Another reason why she was more “nice” before is because at that time she was trying to get close to Shamiko to get information about her sister and was not surrounded by anyone who specifically bothered her (Like Lillith and Lico).
“But Mikan has been sincerely surprised at the change from a few years back.”
The changes Mikan was referring to were that Momo was more expressive and cheerful in the past, and what caused Momo to change (for worse) were her years after Sakura's disappearance as an active magical girl. So you can add this to the counter of reasons why Momo would be better if she wasn't one.
“I really don't think Momo is cruel by nature. In fact, she's inclined toward kindness. ”
I've talked about this before. Let me repeat what I said.
Me. from chapter's 43 comment box:
The second panel is a perfect example of how selfish Momo can be. She saw that Shirozawa (an old man who had had two accidents recently) was suffering from his injury and instead of trying to help him (as Mikan and Shamiko did), she decided to take advantage of that to try to get rid of him and Lico. That is a feature of Momo that I like a lot. how, even though she genuinely has a good heart and cares about other people (quite heroic qualities, as expected of a magical girl), she is able to give priority to her own desires When she wants something. Show that prioritizing your goals does not necessarily make you someone evil and in turn, that being good does not mean you cannot be selfish.

Shamiko used her tail to touch Momo’s tummy on page 8. Shamiko is so devil!

Dex-chan lover
@BugDemon I see. That's kinda disappointing, but I'd still love to see more of Anri and Sickly Yuko's interactions.

Dex-chan lover
So, anti-zombie army drafting is fine but cats health checking is not? They can cultivate spinach, but not tangerine? Double standards that much?

Users who are viewing this thread