Machikado Mazoku - Vol. 6 Ch. 77

momo being so strong cause she is russian
also can someone translate the russian parts or is it nonsense? i saw a number 27 maybe that's some sort of id code for experiments

Aggregator gang
There was a certain girl, in Ukraine long ago
(She was cute and strong, flaming with a yuri glow)
The demon looked at her, said "my name is shamiko"
(And she cooked real well, always made momo miso)
Then the peach girl turned the demon girl, cause she had something so say
"Shami-ko i wanna eat your mi-so soup e-ver-y day"

SHA SHA SHAMIKO, YURI LOVER OF MOMO
THERE IS A CAT THAT'S NAMED METAKO

Dex-chan lover
Since no one else did it in the first three pages, here's actual translation:
Page 3 panel 3:
"Organization, that controls you, fell"
"You don't have to commit suicides anymore" (yes, suicides. That's what "самогубства" means.)
Page 3 panel 6:
"Only I didn't die" ("didn't die" here is in the masculine gender, presumably due to author MTLing the dialog. Feminine would me "не вмерла" instead of "не вмер")
"I give up"
Page 3 panel 8:
"What is this?"

Page 4 panel 6:
"What is your name?"
"My name is Operation 27"
Page 4 panel 7:
"Mon-mo" (here "mon" doesn't meam anything, that's just what a botched transliteration of "Mommo" from japanese would look like. In japanese "n" just happens to turn to "m" when it is before sounds like"m" and "b". Why is it "Mommo" instead of "Momo"? Hell if I know.)

Dex-chan lover
Oh lawd Momo is actually a cyka blyat drink vodka play dota!!

Fed-Kun's army
Damn, no wonder Suika went full crazy and genocidal, after seeing all the horrible shits the humanity (which might include angels and demons) have done to themselves, and to Momo.

Aggregator gang
ще не вмерла україна~
First slav translation misses context a bit. If you put it into a translator it means "You don't have to commit suicide anymore", be that literal or figurative. If this is figurative, two magic girls is enough to wipe an "organisation". And that they did not "banish into shadow realm", they killed.
What was Slavmo holding when she appeared? Some kind of lid? Also, it means that her strenght came from this period, not from mahou shoujo. They both lived through some hard operations.
On the side note, I really want to see slav fanarts. And in what part of Ukraine snows this heavily? I want this for research.

@Dudley
1. Someone who actually can speak Ukrainian (it's not Russian, it's Ukrainian) said the "suicide" translation is inaccurate.
2. The army was clearly involved in taking down the organisation. There were panels with gunfire SFX. Unless Sakura's ether weapon is a machine gun, it must have been military.
3. Momo (who we dont know if she is even slavic, her speaking Ukrainian says nothing about where she was born) was holding a door or something to shield herself from the snow.
4. Momo is already a magical girl in this flashback. Look at her ether hair ornament. The idea is that this organisation was trying to artificially create magical girls.

Supporter
@BugDemon the ether hair ornament already would explain why Mettanko feels his time hath come if magical girls don't need his aid to be created, good eye.

Also ' no impure reasons this time ' Oh Shamiko

Dex-chan lover
@BugDemon wow, that adds some pretty strong context that I feel deserves an edit to be added to the chapter

Dex-chan lover
@BugDemon
As somebody who actually can speak Ukrainian, I can tell you that "suicide" is the accurate translation.

Aggregator gang
@BugDemon
I know that's ukrainian, I mentioned Ukraine twice. You have good observation skills, so it was pretty bizarre reading that. And if you're about translator's note, this was about "бiльше вчиняти" - "cause more" literally. I was talking about "самогубства" - "selfkill" literally, i.e. suicide, which I then ttanslated with site to make sure.
About third point - I didn't say that she's slavic, I meant that I want slavic fanarts for the memes (also, I call a slav a person that grew up with slav country culture, which I suspect операцiя 27 to be)
Thank for other observations though.

That was some pretty intense flashback, poor Momo had a worst upbringing that the already shitty one we thought she had.

I just realised, Sakura who was like a parent or older sibling to Momo was the one who used her powers and got sealed away to save Shamiko, and Shamiko's dad was the one who allowed himself to be sealed away which gave Momo the ability to defeat Suika.

Aggregator gang
The number of people who failed to read to the last page of this chapter really is astonishing...

@BugDemon:
4. Momo is already a magical girl in this flashback. Look at her ether hair ornament. The idea is that this organisation was trying to artificially create magical girls.
I wouldn't consider that a guarantee. Given that becoming a magical girl tansforms their bodies into ether, couldn't she simply have been wearing an ordinary hair ornament that later became a part of her when she became a magical girl?

I think we're lacking sufficient information to say something like that for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread