Machikado Mazoku

Fed-Kun's army
@naivety
overall this is hella gay
Hell yeah, finally somebody has seen its true color!
I personally think Momo actually fell in love with Shamiko right from the start so she did every ways to get close to her. She also very disappointed when she found out what her family had done to Shamiko's family so she run away with a thought that Shamiko may not like her - "It seems I'm truly your enemy" said it all.
Also my 5-cent on the fact that this manga will only stop at subtext. It's because of Kirara logo. It will be slightly gay but never go full power.

Interesting to note that Shamiko's tail looks like it's embracing Momo in their proposal (?) scene in the manga, but it was changed in the anime
Which page? I think I missed it. I just skim through c0 -> c26 because it's almost the same in anime :p

@neorasp
Should the description include the fact that anime ends at manga 26? I think its important for adapted mangas to have such info...
Are you sure it's not the opposite way?

@Nighthawlc
the anime actually ends part way through chapter 27.
I think 'way to' rather than 'way through'

Anyone having issues with loading ch. 16 & 17? Can't reread for Mikan!

EDIT: Add ch. 20 & 21 to that too. Actually, all early chapters up to +15 having issues on my end.

EDIT2: Looks like NA/EU 1 image server is having a problem at the moment. Switch to other server to fix problem for now

KZO

Dex-chan lover
@yurirei

I'll bet against you, it's not about the logo, but the author. There are also 2 other Kirara manga that started as subtext but went beyond that, but saying their names is a spoiler for people that haven't read them so you'll have to find them yourself.

Fed-Kun's army
@KZO
Lemme guess, one of it is
New Game
. If so then you might be wrong, a bloodshed coming (see mangadex cmt LOL) is pretty sure. Most authors don't actually have a right to decide everything. Usually, the story theme will be shaped by the publisher. If they let the story goes wild, it will cause their bad reputation, don't you think so? Kirara & Houbunsha has a good reputation for subtext, but non of their works actually full yuri 100%. Non of theirs.

Just like you, I'm thirsty for a full yuri manga. But, be realistic, that won't happen.

KZO

Dex-chan lover
@yurirei
Of course it isn't New Game, New Game isn't even in the same category of gayness of the 2 I'm thinking, I don't know why you even spoiled that one, anyone can read the chapters right now, the ones I'm talking about don't have all the chapters translated, that's why I won't say names.

It's not about "going wild", but properly building up to it, if the author writes the story to logically develop the romance, then it can conclude in yuri because the fans following and reading for the yuri will be pleased with the storytelling. There is an interview that came out recently about Machikado: the writer of the anime wanted to fit all 3 volumes in 13 episodes skipping some chapters because of how perfectly volume 3 ended, but the author of this manga and the director of the anime told them no, they wanted to plan this show as a 2 cour series even if a 2nd season isn't guaranteed, with only 2 volumes for each season.

That shows that they really care about the build up and writing, what this story is trying to tell, if the publisher didn't really care they would have skipped ShamiMomo moments that according to you wouldn't matter, but in reality skipping chapters isn't an option because every piece of bonding and developing matters. In just 2 volumes Momo x Shamiko has developed extraordinarily so far, every new volume their relationship changes drastically and I can't wait and see what volume 3 has in store for us with the whole vassal situation, they'll easily leave New Game in the dust, if they haven't already.

Fed-Kun's army
@KZO
Your point has successfully convinced me very well. I like it. Let's hope for our expectation comes true! I'm so moved now 😄

Btw do you have the link of the interview article.

Another btw, the fact of you not spoiling the title is killing me. Care for a hint? Sth like does the title available in Mangadex?

KZO

Dex-chan lover
@yurirei
Yeah, both of them are in mangadex and both have an anime with a single season.

The source is megami magazine, but the questions and answers are reposted over here:
https://matsuri.5ch.net/test/read.cgi/anime2/1569889138/161
https://matsuri.5ch.net/test/read.cgi/anime2/1569889138/172

Dex-chan lover
@KZO A wild guess but those that come to mind for me are
Urara Meirochu, Anima Yell and Comic Girls
anything right ?

Dex-chan lover
@KZO Well
It's either Urara because someone post a pastebin of Urara last volume and i read it out of curiosity and i know what happen in the end or either Anima Yell because for a fact that the anime has an episode focus on actual Yuri with a girl asking the main cast to help her for winning the heart of her female tutor.

@yurirei
Dunno what titles KZO is talking about, but Swap Swap is also from Time Kirara Carat (and also here in mangadex). Maybe you have read it? It's a full shoujo ai. (No spoiler, it is so right from the start)

Fed-Kun's army
@Evron
Swap Swap
is already end in the way kinda disappointed. So don't I think it is.

@Lilliwyt
About
Urara
may be possible.

By reading way too far ahead through direct translations on /a/ I have way more confidence in this ending in Yuri than even after finishing the anime (where I already had high hopes). The plot really picks up right after the end of Volume 2 and everything goes into high gear. ShamiMomo is perhaps still subtext, but that "sub" is slowly crumbling away.
Momo basically confessed to Shamiko in one of the most recent chapters. They also went on a legit date.

Machikado is really one of the best Kirara manga, easily top 3. Its lore goes way deeper than one would expect and Ito somehow keeps every single detail connected. Even tiny details you forget about come back and pay off eventually.

Fed-Kun's army
Have fun: https://shamimomo.net/generator

@BugDemon
I think that is
Momo declaration of being the most loved by Shamiko right?
Even so, I still don't consider that they are a couple unless they actually hold a final ritual called holding-hand-without-protection! In the anime OP,
they only dare to hold hand through umbrella handler, indirect, not direct!
Say, my friend, how could I except it? But at least I still happy since
Momo forces Shamiko to swear that she will never abandon her no matter what she's done or will do.
Which means
Shamiko will never be able to run away from Momo or reject Momo's real confession.
So still now, even in raw, they may not fully 1000% yuri, but we can have 80% guaranty of yuri now. Both manga and anime. Hell yeah.

Kinda feel sorry for anime. It seems like the series doesn't get much fund. Look at their website, they don't even have their own domain. Shit! I don't know if it's able to make it to season 2 and 3.

@KZO
Hey, Twitter's just suggested me this one. I wonder if this is the second one you mentioned about as 2 yuri series of Kirara:
https://twitter.com/kyuketsuki_san

@yurirei
Well
Momo told Shamiko that even if she hadn't entered her mind, she would still have fallen in love/came to like her. Although the line in Japanese is a tiny bit more ambiguous, the phrasing is only used in a romantic context. The Japanese community took it as a direct confession or as direct as Japanese confessions usually are.
They actually held hands several times, although it was usually just Shamiko pulling Momo along (or the other way around). Hehe.

KZO

Dex-chan lover
@yurirei

Kyuketsuki isn't Kirara, it's from a different magazine called Comic Cune.

Fed-Kun's army
@BugDemon
Where can I get a vast knowledge like you? (I'm serious, I want to learn Ja. The practical one that can be use for conversation and enjoy Ja culture works)

@KZO
Shame on me :p

@yurirei
I actually can't read Japanese. Like I mentioned, I got it all from /a/. There are a few people who can read Japanese and are translating MachiMazo and many of them also have some insight on the Japanese Twitter and forums, so from all those people I got quite a bit of understanding of the material by now.
If you wanna learn Japanese, there are dozens of different training softwares or crash courses.

Users who are viewing this thread