Made in Abyss - Vol. 10 Ch. 57 - Value

This whole arc, the layer, the dialogue, it's so overly abstract that I really have no idea what's going on, and I just want to move on.

@A-tan I agree the outcasts forming a village was the best goal they could have done. Having a oasis in a middle of apex predator apocalypse/skidaddle skidoodle all your water is now poison is extremely hard to bounce back from.

I love your idea of faputa becoming a team member, because now she has a different motivation after watching her 100+ year father getting flattened and her mom being a forgotten birthing pit. i hope faputa becomes a tank in the team and can help with predator attacks while reg doesn't have to go full survival mode in every encounter.

leaving is the best option, now that most narehate citizens only want protection and faputa getting melted into a goo pile, there is nothing worth saving anymore.

I'm sure I'd like Faputa's character a lot more if it wasn't for the horrible release schedule

This was a weird chapter to read, like wow
I hope Reg does something/anything to help Faputa get closure

Loved it. It really humanizes Faputa and complicates an otherwise basic plot structure. Can't wait to see what Akihito-san does with this next.

@BRASH i agree. still love the series, but this is clearly not the strength of the artist. im hoping they will learn from it, and that taking a break from the way that it has traditionally been progressing will shake things up. im not sure how i feel this arc will feel once its animated tho

Dex-chan lover
Writing pace remains solidly in the "author will die before final maelstrom" zone.
Chapter itself was awesome tho.

Double-page supporter
this chapter has basically assured Faputa's future position as one of Reg's party members. no way she's getting all this character development if she's just done with after this arc. tbh i would've preferred Kaja as the new main character ("Speed Form" was one of the hypest moments in this manga by far) but i don't think he'll come along lmao

Meh, Made in Abyss used to have this existential dread to it, now its p much Guro Monster Loli Shitshow. I really wouldnt mind taking the time to develop this weird village, the culture and the themes but for some reason, it’s not that enjoyable to follow along. Idk whether its the setting, the fact that theres so many people (so the loneliness kinda disappears) or what. When the author starts to go over the themes, the overly abstract writing is hard to follow and comes off as a bit pretentious when it gets boiled down to naruto-esque ‘I’ll decide my own worth!!!’.

It might be the writing style and the art though. It used to be top tier but it’s just visually really difficult to follow and know whats going on.

Users who are viewing this thread