Made in Abyss - Vol. 9 Ch. 53 - Overture to Destruction

Finally out of Hiatus baby!!

f54.png

Can someone recap for me what happened in the past few chapters? I can't even make sense of it with my fuzzy memory.

Double-page supporter
@Shanghai

Lots of backstory about the village from Vueko. Village was created from Irumyuui (Vueko's adopted child) and the villagers ate Irumyuui's children to survive down here. Faputa is also Irumyuui's child and exists to get revenge on the villagers for defiling her mother and eating her siblings. To that end she wants Reg to open a hole in the village to let her in.

On the other side the villagers aren't blameless but probably don't deserve being slaughtered for all this. Except Wazukyan who is a tricky bugger and largely caused Irumyuui to become what she is. Wazukyan created the village as a stopgap to survive while actually wanting to keep delving, so at this point the village being destroyed might be a good thing for him so he can keep delving.

Reg's having an internal conflict over who to side with, but brought a piece of Faputa into the village to trade back for Mitty while he decides what to do. This caused the village to flip out and try to kill the party as they brought in a dead piece the village's only surviving child.

Dex-chan lover
Holy f*cking jesus! This chapter was completely outstanding! Worthy of all the time we waited. MARVELOUS CHAPTER!

Ty for the chapter.

Users who are viewing this thread