Made in Abyss - Vol. 9 Ch. 53 - Overture to Destruction

The incineration shot and Faputa's entrance looks amazing! Excellent shading, looks badass!
This chapter was worth the wait.

Dex-chan lover
So what has Belafu been secretly planning for Nanachi? It seems like the purpose now was less about trapping Nanachi and more about passing something on after Belafu atones through death.

i feel like the author smokes a blunt before writing the story... like i have no clue anymore what tf is going on, where everyone is located in the village and all. the drawings and panelling make it really hard to follow imho

If you're lost just re-read the last chapter. It's not complicated, you're just missing some points because of the long chapter release interval.

Reactions: GK
Dex-chan lover
This is somewhere between really bad panel-positioning and really good scene setup

Dex-chan lover
Splendid chapter!
Thanks to the /a/non for doing the work. But why does the publication status say on hiatus?

Double-page supporter
Worth the waiting, Faputa entrance was awe inspiring.

Dex-chan lover
I hope Belafu redeems himself somewhat. He was the most noble of that group before his transformation and then became one of the most monstrous.

Double-page supporter
Can someone please explain this recent plot in nutshell? My brain screams in frustration trying to understand the plot

Aggregator gang
I cant really relate to Faputa's struggle and twisted sense of justice considering she is some abyss abomination baby, but hey cool entrance and all.

Users who are viewing this thread