Made in Abyss - Vol. 9 Ch. 53 - Overture to Destruction

@A-tan
I mean if I was born as an embodiment of anger that probably doesn't know any better than bloodthirst and thirst for revenge while seeing the faces of those who consumed my brothers and also turned my mother into their condo drooling from seeing my body I probably wouldn't be taking a coffee with them while making the peace for the first thing. Sure I get your point it isn't the morally correct thing to do and all but at the same time I think you should also consider the moth doesn't even know what is morally correct and all that stuff that make people don't kill others.

Dex-chan lover
So that means best boy Belafu was actually planning for this day to come and sharing his knowledge with Nanachi for the time the village would obviously be destroyed?
Glad we’re finally getting something out of those two.

Though I do feel bad that the Moth is just going to genocide everyone since she’s immune to anything the village does to her.

Dex-chan lover
@Drifter
Belaf balanced most of his body for a copy of Mitty, that's why he looks like that. However considering how many limbs he said to have given up I'd say his original form is probably similar to that of a centipede.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter. i wonder if it will be another 4 months for the next chapter. Dumb question, but why does the author produce so few chapters?

@Liquidxlax I don't think anyone can say for sure, but for the past year or so, it's been generally assumed that he's been consulting on the upcoming movie. With that now done, the release schedule will hopefully return to something a little faster.

Dex-chan lover
I don't think Faputa or the Narahate are in control of their feelings. Faputa had all the rage wished into her from the start. Even the new Narahate who weren't eating her siblings seem to be programmed to salivate when they see her. I think Irumyuui is the cause of both.

Dex-chan lover
Woo!

I hope at least some of the narehate get spared so a town remains, but I’m hoping either Kajya, Moogie, or Vueko tag along with the main group.

Aggregator gang
@Neverius I actually think that's the tragic part: Neither had much of a choice. Faputa didnt ask to be born being essentially programmed by her mother to hate from birth and exact her revenge and the folks that settled there just wanted to survive, the most basic instinct anyone has.

And yeah while monstruous, those "siblings" Faputa had were all condemned to die shortly after being born because their mom didn't know basic anatomy. Not exactly anyone's fault there, just sad overall.

@swimminginsand Irumyu being the cause of both would be an interesting twist because It would mean nobody really had much of an agency.

Reactions: GK
@A-tan That is what I was trying to say, that Faputa doesn't really much of a choice so her decision even if it isn't the correct one is quite justified. I think eating her brothers is the least of the problems, it is more on the side of taking the babies away from her mother, killing them while they still lived and looking at Faputa with the same hunger as someone looking at a buffet, in such a way that it looks like some of the villagers just didn't eat to survive and instead have some dark pleasure from that activity. And remember the dead babies are a result of Iru's mistake while making her wish, as she probably wished to be a mother but also to save Vueko and the Ganja corps, leading to her wish being greedy and so the corpses of her disfunctional babies where the cure for the water parasyte.

Is anyone else just absolutely confused by this entire arc? I have no idea what's happening.

Dex-chan lover
@A-tan The Abyss is at fault. It's a giant monkey's paw hole with even more monkey paws laying about in it. Also, anyone who ever looked at it and decided going in there was a good idea. I mean, what the fuck?

Dex-chan lover
@omniboy The city is a girl and everyone who lives in the city ate her babies so she had one especially angry baby, and that angry baby is going to kill everyone in the town as revenge.

Reg and the angry baby/princess were friends back in the day.

And it looks like Nanachi somehow had a dream about angry baby’s mom and Vueko, from way, way, way back in the day and now knows their backstory.

If I’m missing something I have no idea what it is. Anything that releases on a monthly or longer schedule is kind of hard for me to keep track of.

Reactions: GK
Aggregator gang
@gum_rummy "Anything that releases on a monthly or longer schedule is kind of hard for me to keep track of."
You would not have survived the pre-broadband-internet era, lol.

Dex-chan lover
@Suzuran But I did survive it! Even when broadband came out, my family didn't have internet for a really long time, so I used to get new series in paperback maybe once or twice every 2 months. What I used to do was reread the hell out of what I did have, so even the series that I didn't like that much became special to me.

Odds are if I had a way to read Abyss back then, I would have enjoyed it a lot more and understood it better because I would have taken my time with it.

In 2020, I'm too busy following the 1200 otome isekai on this site to give each series the attention it deserves. 😅

Aggregator gang
@gum_rummy It's kinda like that guy in the Twilight Zone that survives the end of the world and then breaks his reading glasses; We have so much we can read now and not enough time to read it all in!

Sometimes I miss each chapter being new and special and taking days picking out all the tiny details; Other times I just want to know what happens next RIGHT NOW GEEZ.

Users who are viewing this thread