Made in Abyss - Vol. 9 Ch. 55.5 - Volume Extras

Dex-chan lover
Cyclops narehate and her human look? YES
Explanation of what Faputa did when the gang was asleep? Reg doesn't deserve such a wonderful waifu.
Marulk's bare chest? TOO MANLY.

Reactions: GK
Oh no, she is a precious one, and she is fighting reg to death... No.. I don't want another prushka 😭

• Angry
Dex-chan lover
I have to ask.

What was the point of bringing mitty back? I just feel so emotionally exploited

Dex-chan lover
... goddammit why did they make this? Now the next few chapters will hurt extra bad.

... This is exactly why isn't it?

Dex-chan lover
@eviljackspicer

To kill her again/show she was never the real Mitty this time, anyway. Obviously. Think about whatever outcome hurts the most and it'll be that. That's how you deal with the Abyss.

Dex-chan lover
@eviljackspicer In a story sense, one could argue for closure and this and that and blah blah blah

honestly in my opinion tho i feel its more of a meta sense of taking nanachi out of the story so it can focus on the other characters, because to be frank, since nanachi joined the group, riko hasn't felt like the main character or the leader of the group. Not only is nanachi just as knowledageble about the abyss, she can even see the curse, and basically the last 2 arcs have heavily involved her, meanwhile riko is a fleshy fragile meat sack.

thats my guess but who knows

Dex-chan lover
Nanachi smells so good strangers put a value to her on sight.

Dex-chan lover
That explains a lot, it was strange that they weren't attacked more after they got there, they did have that scuffle with that beast but the thing suddenly left maybe it was the charm maybe it was that it already had accomplished what it wanted, or maybe it the fact that the charm was for Riko and Nanashi.

This just makes my heart hurt more, this author is a sadist, he knows how to make things hurt even more. Maybe this is why Kevin Penkin is such an amazing combination for the ost of MiA, he did say in an interview that he was good at making people sad.

@eviljackspicer Like Karyel said it is just to make things hurt more, but it serves too as a narrative device to point how even death may not be the end in the Abyss, that Mitty may not be the complete real one (at least as far as we know) but putting how it seems that even Nanashi felt it was real, the powers that exist in the Abyss clearly don't care for limitations, even if they take their price.

Can someone explain again what is about of the pictogram upsidedown stick draw?

@JakkRo the pictogram is a symbol that they use to denote their 'Haku' a person that is very important to them. This was explained in the last chapter.

• This
Dex-chan lover
@RexNemorensis
Me too, Faputa has this design that shows how much effort put the author, and has that air of "definitively her story continues along our characters"

Users who are viewing this thread