Made in Abyss

Dex-chan lover
Your favorite character will die,
eventually.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah can we get about 8 more translations for the same chapter? Thanks.

Better multiple groups than a single shitty one like at the start

Group Leader
3 translations for a single chapter ?
Well, won't complain about it but I guess that if the first upload is of good quality, some time would be better invested in another work. Just my opinion, I understand everyone's free to do whatever they want about their time, if they wanted to TL it, why not. Just found it strange to see this chapter 3 times.

Aggregator gang
Still lowkey disappointed both mitty and prushka were nothing but plot devices and cute pets to make the reader feel bad for, instead of actual characters whoops.

I'm still curious with what is going on with the girl that apparently knows Reg tho.

Group Leader
what are you talking about @a-tan prushka is a character, she was even featured in the latest chapter. i'm anxiously awaiting for best dad to appear again to see how she responds.

Aggregator gang
"Prushka is a character"

Lol. As much as the rocks on the ground, yeah.

Well, IIRC, Nanachi was supposed to get sacrificed in the fifth layer but became too popular with the readers and got replaced with Prushka.

Aggregator gang
Im fucking laughing, jeez. I guess both prushka and mitty were popular enough to guarantee them this kind of treatment even after their expiration date is way off.

It does raise the question tho: Who ARE the other whistles??? Do they all have weird visions of sorts like Riko here had??? I forgot but did all the whistles have different properties? It seems It was so shrouded in mystery nothing was clear about those.

It's still really messed up, wouldn't want it any other way. Too bad I care more about prushka's pet than maa dsabjkda

Dex-chan lover
A-tan, fairly sure that they made the implication, if not outright declaration that white whistles were made from people. It was when the MC got her white whistle that it happened... And, yes, each white whistle has its own property (likely due to who it was made from).
Now, the following is what I am less sure of: the person that makes a white whistle has to either have a strong desire to explore, or (more likely) protect the one who recieves the whistle.

Dex-chan lover
Just reread this. There are loads of subtle clues buried in the early chapters but Lyza's white whistle isn't one of them. She has it before her husband dies.

There is something else though. We know that Reg met Lyza but also... He went to the surface from beyond the sixth floor. The first thing he did upon (almost) reaching it was to protect Riko. Reg said he felt like there was someone else in his head. Ozen said Reg's mannerisms are similar to Lyza's. After the fight with Bonedrewd Reg said he felt like someone else was controlling him.

Other fun: Ozen's remarks about how time flows in the abyss seem important. It is suggested that Bonedrewd, Mitty and Nanachi entered the abyss before the civilization of 2000 years ago was wiped. Funerals are not a constant thing on the surface but the tags and flower petals from funerals rain constantly on the sixth layer (never mind how they pass the other layers to get there).

Yea, I love stories that do this.

Dex-chan lover
I like these kind of stories but my head is too thick to understand and remember the plot and its clues. Such a shame.

Users who are viewing this thread