Made in Abyss

Fed-Kun's army
Does he have a pixiv for donations?

@nbhstcqbvvpmacjrmv

Hmm, I don't know. It's naturalistic, but as I'm not a pervert, I haven't found any moments that seem particularly erotic with the children vs. "Savage children exploring a savage world, and that one bathing scene."

I'm pretty sure it's implied the one girl was raped by the freaky tri-haired guy, but the only sex scene was adult lesbians when she was older.

This flirts and even crosses into child sexualization that it becomes difficult to read for someone with basic decency. I really REALLY wish it were not so. It has the most interesting world and the art is stunning. I love how the deeper into the abyss you go the darker the story gets. It's fabulously done. I absolutely love it. I am so incredibly disappointed that the author has to include such unnecessary things regarding children. I finally had to drop it as I really couldn't justify it being there other than as some disturbing fan service.

Double-page supporter
I see people making up excuses for the sexualization of children on here. Just...dont.

The world of the series may be great, but that doesn't change the fact that sexualizing minors is disgusting and should under no circumstances be accepted. This also goes for other manga and fiction that do the same.

0/10

@Weebskeuten
If you get mad at this, you also need to get mad at every single shonen series for glorifying violence against "children" (need I remind you that no child like the fictional drawings here exists within reality), and literally every other piece of fiction that doesn't depict the most idyllic hand-holding.

and everyone else bitching about this manga: shut up! go do something for real kids. go do something for /real/ people lmfao

I liked anime adaptation a lot, the world of the Abyss was like a breath of fresh air in the sea of isekais, but manga is straight up disappointing. Author shows no intent in developing such a rich, beautiful setting into something more than a pretty decoration for suffering of useless lolis. The latter is especially annoying, it's almost like the success of Mitty's arc made him realize that torture and murder of cutesy characters will always emotionally shatter certain kind of people and from now on he does it again and again, til the point it gets tiresome and boring instead of shocking and sad. I'm not going to hate on this manga for violence and sexualization, it's just not very well written story. Main characters are barebones, boring, cliched "good guys", especially Reg, who is the most shallow overprotective white knight trope you can imagine, side characters don't contribute a lot, they are either: victimized loli punching bags or walking lore dumps. Some plot lines are just ridiculous and super rushed (everything about Prushka) or outright bad (Mitty 2.0). Characters can do as much mistakes as they can and still be saved by armor and their needs will be fulfilled in one convient way or another.
I expected adult story about children, I've got children's story with adult content. Beautifully drawn, tho. I've read somewhere that author worked as concept artist in Konami, and, yeah, he is great when it comes to designs and concepts (relics descriptions, monsters, setting details), but the story and characters are certainly lacking depth (no pun intended).

"sexualization of children" what!?

Wtf, better for some people be prepared to freak out with the pages 18-20 of the last ch. 55...

@aishari
A good critic review, regarding that it is a personal opinion and not advice, but every weak point there can be said to all the series overall, if you are too exigent.

MiA manga, wich is the same history, the same characters and the same pace of anime (but with sometimes confuse and messed art) IS still top tier, fascinating and legit as a famous and well rated manga as it is.

The issue is that the arc in 5th layer was not as good as the previous ones...

and the current arc in 6th layer, that should be the redemption to re equilibrate the quality of the series... Is confuse, tiring, not as interesting as the author believe it to be, added to many (weird) characters, 1 long flashback and 2 parallel plots (3 if considering Nanachi) and total yeah, the mitty 2.0 was trash. EVEN SO is still better than average.

It's a downgrade in a good manga, not a disaster at all. But i really will feel a relief when this arc finally ends.

@JakkRo I'm not a huge fan of early arcs, it was one of rare cases, when anime>>>manga, because everything is extra rushed in manga. I know that manga was almost cancelled after Ozen and author had no other choice, but to skeep some parts, however, I can see why it initially got so cold reception from Japanese audience. Bondrewd's arc has two downsides: lack of exploration (but only in comparison with anime, in manga top layers are barely touched too) and Prushka's development or the lack of there of. On the bright side, Bondrewd is one of few MiA characters, who is actually, well, a character. With his own goals, character arc, lasting impact beyond that one arc and unique personality. A nice impovement over Ozen, who was a total lackluster with neat design. Current arc had a strong start, but become a mess later on.

Dex-chan lover
We will never get
The Adventures of Young Lyza and Ozen spinoff
because Tsukushi can barely shit out one chapter in four months. Feels bad bros.

Users who are viewing this thread