Madougushi Dahliya wa Utsumukanai ~Dahliya Wilts No More~ - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

I see, so while the other adaptation covers the adult part of Dahliya's life after her marriage with Tobias broke off, this adaptation covers her younger years.
Interesting. I'll keep reading both.

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

EDIT: Oops, I didn't notice this was a spoiler since I was viewing it from the perspective of reading both version at the same time. My bad, I'll be more careful next time.

I like both of them 💙
Thank you for translating this, this grl really is though and amazing

Dex-chan lover
I am sorry but FUCK that shit. Do not force marriage upon a person. If you go "He is your fiancé from now on." I will flip tables. This one honestly has much more potential then the other version, but by C'thulu, I HATE when authors force marriages. Yeah, I know, "It came with the times" yada yada.

If they talk to her about it and make it her choice and she is given more then 1 chapter to think about it, preferably until if she decides to accept, start dating and start from there, I'm cool with it.

Group Leader
@Chet31 A little spoiler from the next chapter if you're so inclined
While he is introduced as her fiance, she actually happily accepts, because she doesn't want to die alone with her head hanging down like before, and while potentially loveless, they should have an affable marriage. Considering she died friendless and alone in her first life, her jumping at the chance to change her fate the second time around isn't all that unreasonable.

Dex-chan lover
@Solistia
I read another manga yesterday that has a worse depiction of forced marriage, so was really hoping this wouldn't turn out like that.

Alright, but this is where having 2 separate versions at the same time comes in to bite the first one in the arse, seeing as what happened to her marriage in that one. Of course, it doesn't have to be the same, but I still hope they will take things slow.

Double-page supporter
So it's less that there's 2 versions of the same story, but that the prequel story is running in a seinen magazine and the main story is running in a josei magazine. Still unusual, but makes more sense at least... unless this version is about to do a timeskip and catch up to the other version, lol.

Group Leader
I read the Josei one first so that i can cure myself with the cuteness of this version.
But i guess i will have to change that since Tobias might be in this version for a long time.
That face and those words full of lies, i can't stand all of them, i really wanted to punch my monitor so much.

Group Leader
I hope this version won’t spend too long on that picture definition of a fuckboi.

Dex-chan lover
... The dad.. THE DAD a genius.. Lost T_T anyway I actually like the flow of this version better... But then again it might be because of the focus on her experiments, than the otherversion which is closer to how the web novel is written.
Many thanks

@Rover here is the link to the other manga which take place about 2 years after this point. There are major spoilers for this one involving her relationship with Tobias.
https://mangadex.org/title/36829/magic-artisan-dahliya-won-t-hang-her-head-a-free-craftsman-life-from-now-on

While I feel righteous anger, I also feel sadness. If we didn't have the companion manga letting us know how this would end, it would just look like the many other openings to other manga with couples.

The depiction of Tobias in the companion manga does direct that this manga would not go in that direction. But it would be interesting to imagine this going something like Blue Valentine (2010 indie movie, a move that explores a crushingly adorable courtship, but also the exhausting divorce in parallel).

Uggghhhh, Although I want to see this Tobias with good eyes, my interior keeps shouting "Fuck yourself, moron". It would not have been so bad if he had only broken up with Dahlya, but it was how he did it.

I think tobias is eeeeeevvviiiillll.. ~

Maybe he only wanted dahlia to get rich quick 😬

Users who are viewing this thread