Magan to Dangan o Tsukatte Isekai o Buchinuku! - Vol. 1 Ch. 3

want me to heal your wounds ...

Girl : Yes please

**takes out big ass sniper rifle**

"do you want to be healed?"
"YES"
"that's all I needed to hear"

he just fucking kills her and the manga ends

Im real sick of the super kawaii slave girl whom ends up being powerful or a hidden saint or something. Its real lazy

Banned
Kinda nice? that the slave owner didn't seem like a prick all things considered.

Although the plot is generic I fucking love that slave trader cause he isn't some shitty slimy person and actually acts like a real professional.

So many people misunderstand the true horror of slavery.

The worst part of slavery is not physical abuse; it is the lack of freedom and dignity.

It doesn't matter that you "treat your slave right" the fundamental problem is that you have denied your "slave" recognition of their personhood.

Dex-chan lover
now that healing is a God Eater thing .. firing Recovery Bullets for heal lmao

Double-page supporter
>The slave must follow the owner's orders unless it's cruel
>The owner has a responsibility to care for the slave
>Harsh treatment can be punished

So this world's slaves are basically just pets.

Dex-chan lover
@Geohie Yep, it always amuses me how authors try to use "slaves" in their stories while trying to dress it up in a way where the protag isn't a instant scumbag for owning one. Never quite passes the sniff test though and always comes off as silly and/or still morally reprehensible no matter how much she inevitably instantly loves him.

Dex-chan lover
Another title for this is "Rising of the sniper hero"

Fed-Kun's army
@sirflimflam The only way for the protagonist to save the girl was to buy her. Even then he can just say "You're free to act of your own will now", so even then its not morally wrong if his main goal is to pull her from her current position. If the only way to save the girl is to buy her then you fucking buy her. What else do you suppose he does? I doubt he has the power to kill everyone in that place and steal her away, and now that he has seen her condition it would be even worse if he just left her. Him buying her is the only morally correct thing to do in that situation. Also while slaves as a concept is disgusting, at least in this world they are treated much more humanely than in other manga. It seems like most of those slaves are there because of debt or crimes, that wouldn't fly in our world because of how much more advanced our society is compared to theirs, but their society is quite literally that of the middle ages and I guess they don't have the resources or intelligence to provide the kind of treatment we give to people in extreme debt nowadays.

The part where the girl instantly falls in love isn't always the case with slaves, in many other manga they actually come to appreciate their master as a good person who genuinely cares for them as normal human would and provides them with the power to live free. They haven't had that kind of treatment prior so it makes sense for them to develop some kind of feelings for the person who shows up and is like a god to them. Though the manga where the girls fall in love just because they were bought is pretty dumb.

Dex-chan lover
@dkdumpling I'm more amused by the very idea of the slaves in the first place. As I was replying in agreement to the person before me, slaves in a lot of these stories are just glorified pets with a different name. A way for the protagonist to essentially own a heroine in all but the cruelest of meanings because they water down the freedoms of the owners to the point if you slightly touched the person you apparently own inappropriately, the royal guard might bust your ribs. Why even be slaves in the first place? It's just a weird system to bring into a story when there's almost no reason to. There's a hundred circumstances that could have yielded a similar tone than finding the broken slave girl and fixing her. The author just wants him to be her master at the end of the day. But it's okay guys, he's not paying into a really messed up system or anything, okay?

As far as this story goes, he hadn't even found the broken girl until after he already expressed interest in owning a slave. Finding the girl only made the "obvious" decision easier at the end, but had there not been a really messed up girl I don't doubt for a minute he wouldn't have picked someone else. This world allowed slavery, and it piqued his interest.

Users who are viewing this thread