Magical Explorer - Reborn as a Side Character in a Fantasy Dating Sim - Ch. 7.2

Dex-chan lover
IT'S ALIVE!!! :qq:

Btw the light novel is currently translated up to volume 7, so we're only 3 volumes behind. $9/volume in Google Play Books. Go check it out, guys.
The Light Novel itself is also up to Volume 10 which came out last March and has this some spicy images as usual for this series.
GH5RbRVbwAAYpgJ

Dex-chan lover
Just so everyone knows, the mangaka/artist of this series manga is terminally sick(some type of cancer I believe)which is why there barely new chapters these past years and will continue to be like this for the foreseeable future.. Also the author refuses to find another mangaka.

GH5lUw5bEAAeL_i
now that is some sad information, hopefully the author gets better

Dex-chan lover
It's been so long. Thanks for the TL.
I know the Light Novel got officially picked up in English, did the manga ever get picked up too?
It did. 2022. Only the 1st vol iirc.

Just so everyone knows, the mangaka/artist of this series manga is terminally sick(some type of cancer I believe)which is why there barely new chapters these past years and will continue to be like this for the foreseeable future.. Also the author refuses to find another mangaka.

GH5lUw5bEAAeL_i

Oh so that's the reason for no updates... Can only hope for recovery for the artist.

Can only wait for the anime to eventually surpass the manga.

Dex-chan lover
It did. 2022. Only the 1st vol iirc.

Oh so that's the reason for no updates... Can only hope for recovery for the artist.

Can only wait for the anime to eventually surpass the manga.
I also hope so too. He became sick around late 2020 or early 2021. Also this chapter(7.2) came out last November 2023. If possible, it's better to find another mangaka and relieve him of this burden.

Group Leader
I also hope so too. He became sick around late 2020 or early 2021. Also this chapter(7.2) came out last November 2023. If possible, it's better to find another mangaka and relieve him of this burden.
There are various way a person deals with a illness like that, maybe the author doesn't get anyone else to give the mangaka a sense of hope and role/place.
If the worst comes to be and he dies at least he died doing what he probably loves, drawing.

Dex-chan lover
There are various way a person deals with a illness like that, maybe the author doesn't get anyone else to give the mangaka a sense of hope and role/place.
If the worst comes to be and he dies at least he died doing what he probably loves, drawing.
So like the mangaka of Maou Gakuin No Futekigousha/Misfit of Demon Academy where he was sick and the author still kept him until he died and the author decided end the manga serialization afterwards instead of hiring a new one?

That still sounds pretty sad but I hope you are right.

Group Leader
So like the mangaka of Maou Gakuin No Futekigousha/Misfit of Demon Academy where he was sick and the author still kept him until he died and the author decided end the manga serialization afterwards instead of hiring a new one?

That still sounds pretty sad but I hope you are right.
Just a expecultation of mine, but i would argue it's a good and kind thing to do, something like this:
"Hey bro, you are the only artist i want, so get better fast so we can make mangas again!"

Dex-chan lover
Just a expecultation of mine, but i would argue it's a good and kind thing to do, something like this:
"Hey bro, you are the only artist i want, so get better fast so we can make mangas again!"
Yeah. That's probably the best way forward. Much better than the alternatives.

Dex-chan lover
Reminder that while this serie returned with translations, the serie is on break again after 8.5 that came out in february, so get used to this, since artist is sick and barely handling 2 serie on top (this and MotoMusu), so pray for the best

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread