Mahou Sekai no Uketsukejou ni Naritai desu!

...what's with the nonsensical translation? are we back to the mass naked child events? was ut taken from another translated language before turning english?

@blablablah according to NASS's discord they didn't drop this series so it must just be taking a bit. I couldn't even finish that other chapter 10 it was so hard to follow so I hope it comes out soon

@aeiru: the manga only states that nobles cannot take commoners as concubines. nothing is said about marriage... is your information based on the source material?

and does anyone understand the last part of chapter 10? because my head aches ><;;;

When will the next chapter be up? I'm talking about chapter 10. The better translation. My head hurts just reading the "Google translation" version. I advise you to please refrain from using Google translation unless you understand a bit of Japanese in order to understand the English sentence of what they are saying and type it in the correct way of making sense.

@Swanwire ah yes it is concubine. But then again it is unheard in there for noble to marry commoner. From what I get, in the story background there is some barrier between noble and commoner, even though the kingdom little by little try to break that.

I’m just glad I’m not the only one confused. I though I was reading things wrong or just not getting the context this whole time😓

I really don't care about what other people say, i have the blonde guy, he's way too disrespectful towards the FL, and he's the ML? He can go to hell for all that i care. He show glimpses of sympathy and of being good natured to her sometimes, but he still is a fucking asshole that just wants to tease her all the time and make her mad. He did NOTHING but tease her through all the chapters as of now, and i would be delighted if someone else showed up and captured the FL's heart before the blonde asshole started to be a real good guy. But that's just wishful thinking, because unfortunely he's the ML...

The male lead is just a total ass. He treats her like an object especially in chapter 10, and he constantly teases her when the Female lead is clearly uncomfortable. He's extremely over obsessive to the point where it's so incredibly creepy. The worst part is that I KNOW people who are okay with such an uncomfortable relationship that's borderline toxic because he's "hot". Second, there's a chapter when he gets all jealous over the mc WHEN HE's F*CKING FLIRTING WITH ALL THE GIRLS LIKE WHAT THE HELL. SHE ISN'T YOUR OBJECT OR WHATEVER. SHE'S A PERSON. YOU DON'T HAVE CONTROL OVER HER LIFE AND WHAT SHE DOES LIKE DAMN

I wonder how the MC can continuously be both an apparent practical genius, but also a completely insufferable moron. If the scene of her learning the memory spell wasn't enough of a facepalm moment, the following drinking scene sure was.

The ML is also largely unlikable, though it's obvious he's trying to help her out in his own way by keeping her practical accomplishments buried. Literally everyone seems to want to recruit her, and if she had graduated top of her class it's unlikely the powers that be would have let her chase her Haare dream.

Unfortunately given her frankly moronic personality, it is almost assured that she will get into trouble with the queen looking for ice mages and probably be abducted without knowing anything about the situation, requiring Lockmann to ride in and save her or something. That's usually how these things go, right?

But all that being said, I still want to read more. Is it the art? The world-building? It's probably not the supporting cast, but something still brings me to excitedly devour new chapters. I wonder what it is that's hooked me?

I hate the blonde guy, he is so childish. If you like a girl, you should tease her? Moron thought! And Nunally was so naive and non tactical person, she might be kidnapped later by the Ice Queen..

@aeiru28 thank you so much for the spoilers!
what is Nunnaly's rare heritage? I kinda dont like that Lockmann disguised himself as her but I guess it makes sense with how the author has been portraying him thus far. It's really sweet that he was looking out for her when he made her use her magic constantly but I guess as children he couldn't think of an alternative lol
Also for people hating ML hard core
from aeiru28's spoiler: he realized her magic is powerful, so to prevent outbursts he constantly teased/fought her to make her use it. Also he was a bit isolated as a child because of powerful magical outbursts that he himself had
it helps put him into a better perspective and understand why the author designed him like that.

Group Leader
I'm really enjoying this manga!! I won't lie I want to see the love interest lose just *once* though. Or find out he only got first place because his noble status was considered, or something. God do I feel Nunnally on being constantly outdone by your rival, and seeing them succeed bounds beyond you after graduation... infuriating.

@prettiepumpkin
Magic elements are carried through bloodline in this series, as was explained in the earlier class chapter. While not so rare that no one else has it, Nunnaly's ice-type is still a fairly rare bloodline, and one strong enough to change her hair color makes it even more so. Note the multiple foreshadowing about the neighboring country seeking a "maiden" with ice-magic to serve as as a queen's "lady-in-waiting", which is likely implying some foreign noble is looking to buy an ice-type concubine in a nation that allows nobles to do so (as they made a Chekhov's gun styled point to explain the local laws that forbid it eariler).

Users who are viewing this thread