Mahou Shoujo Tokushuusen Asuka - Vol. 14 Ch. 62 - Finally, smile

Double-page supporter
Welp that's all i guess I hope the english publisher Seven Seas licenses the author's other work succubus and hitman someday.

KZO

Dex-chan lover
The translation isn't the best, but it's here and best girl won, lives together with Asuka and even gets to torture her favorite villain as much as she likes, best ending already even before they explained why Francine was alive.

Doggy also got the second best scene of the end, good for her. Page 7 is remarkable too.

Loved this manga and the whole cast of characters.

Double-page supporter
As a whole i liked the idea of mixing the magical girl genre with crude military ops, seasoned a bit with yuri here and there. As an experiment it worked.

Dex-chan lover
Kinda good ending. But feels way too rushed. Asuka was doing pretty well in sales so doubt it was rushed, maybe mangaka wanted to finish things as is.

I really wanted to see a flashback arc showing the 1st war and how the dead Magical Girls were, some of their designs looked pretty neat.

Thanks a lot /a/ for picking up this series and bringing it to us until the end.

I dont think its a rushed ending, the whole premise is that there is no ending, just move on to the next warfare. so the manga just went as if they moved to the next plot line but left it there. instead of just giving closure to everyone.

Dex-chan lover
The world is saved thanks to... the Powerpuff Girls YURI

red-alert-2.jpg

Weird-as-anything ending, definitely rushed. If the author/publisher simply wanted to emphasize the never-ending aspect of combat/warfare, they could have done so with a bit more development rather than an ending exposition asspull dump. (And incomplete at that; we never get to explore in depth what pushed Francine off the edge, or how she managed to set everything up without being noticed.)

Dex-chan lover
Well, that was fun. See you in the next Dark magical girl Yuri, Everyone!

The translation makes the conversation at the end incomprehensible. Gonna have to wait a little more.

I think there are some errors in the translation of pages 34 foward
Either way thans for the chapter

Thanks for the translations!
Weird ending, but I am still confused about it. Did Asuka and Kurumi get together? Can anyone explain the ending for me?

Dex-chan lover
@Rdfred_12
Yes they did.
Asuka already thinks Kurumi someone important before Kurumi even confessed.

The last part probably them preparing for next war as there's still villain leftover in the world. It's also explained the Magical girl group was disbanded but it doesn't change that they might need them again in future.

@Ncararc
Francine resurrection and somehow trying to push the world in the brink of destruction is pretty questionable.

Asuka having power of resurrection is even more OP if not broken lol.

Things needs to be settled but I am still glad it still managed to explain things in a single chapter.
Majority of tad abit rushed manga end up with nothing but a dust of grievances.

Dex-chan lover
Finally it ended, Kinda expected the ending will get a lot more worse cause the final arc is a bloody mess.

@Rdfred_12 yes they did but Kurumi is still busy with other stuff with the JSDF. As for the ending, bloody finally. As stated, each magical girl has unique abilities but their names has a deeper meaning and possibly tied to their true abilities. Chevalier as her name implies that she will always be charging in head first with force and Cause, I don't need to explain this but she will continue to go on doing things like this because she has reasons for it. If you think about it, Francine was riding a bike a few chapters ago and Mia is extremely proficient in using guns so it might be possible that she is more capable at amplifying the speed and damage output of bullets compared to other girls.As for Asuka, her unique abilities was never known until the end of this series which can bring back someone from the dead. It's true she specialize in CQB but if you think about it more and do a little more research, we have to assume the war between heaven and hell uses a lot of swords due to the time the revelation was written.

TLDR: Asuka's true abilities is to resurrect the dead and yes, she and Kurumi is together but Kurumi is still busy with other stuff with the JSDF and everything went back to somewhat normal which is pretty bad way to end

Hahaha
Asuka x Kurumi end game so great
Altho the whole ressurection was kinda unnecessary, I guess he.
Here's hoping Kurumi won't get jealous.

Dex-chan lover
@Xaelath
The last part probably them preparing for next war as there's still villain leftover in the world.
I think the message has more been that there is always a next villain or "villain", not just "leftovers". While there may be old survivors who feed into new ones too, there will also always be new people who want to use power in ways others won't agree with. The world is really just getting going with the applications of magic and their general use. We see plenty of foreshadowing that it'd be hugely disruptive to a lot of existing conventional forces, but that'd all be another story. Whether Francine will have actually turned out to be right or not isn't a sure thing...

Asuka having power of resurrection is even more OP if not broken lol.
She apparently doesn't have real control over it. If she can it could be useful, but if it became known (and it'd be very hard to avoid leaking) she herself would become an enormous target. Not just by enemies, though by them for sure (every video game "kill the healer first!" x10000) , but even by neutrals/allies wanting her to bring someone back.

Users who are viewing this thread