Mahousekai no Uketsukejou ni Naritai desu! - Vol. 1 Ch. 4

🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮 she must kill this stupid character and laugh over his dead body !!!! This would be a proper story !!!

Dex-chan lover
I dont understand ;-; so in the 4 years they've been together it's just been a rivalry and competition but they like each other, not enough to confess before leaving school though. And for some reason the teacher sends him to her, why? She was alone maybe? He ships them? but if the teacher never did that he'd have spent the night dancing with all the other girls

Aggregator gang
The girl deserve a better man than this abusive prince. Its ok if he just smug and tease her but attacking her physically is kinda too much for me. I prefer her with the black hair prince more.

Just a passing thought but, it's also possible that he simply CAN'T outright reject those girls due to his position. The teacher just helped a brother out and gave him a reason to escape all the commotion of women who're superficially after him, sending him to his rival so he can actually enjoy his night without having to walk on pins and needles and wear his GoodGuyTM mask humouring ladies of nobility to keep good relations with their families for his house's future.

Dex-chan lover
I do see the sexually/romantic tension, but only because the mangaka drew it that way in this chapter. What I don't see is why he drew it. They have been rivals, alright. That does come with a certain sexually tension between a boy and girl, but to actually let it bloom, he at least has to show a certain amount of niceness. Not calling her "you" is quiet on the weak end of the scope. He attacked her, slammed her into a wall (not in the good way), grabbed her, hurt her. And she did hurt him, too. And then they nearly never hold a real conversation in five years. Five years are long as a teen. It's not impossible she somehow ended up liking him, but than that girl has a really bad taste in men.

Dex-chan lover
@Qelix I agree, that the romance comes solely out of tropes makes it almost feel forced despite coming naturally because of said tropes (foreshadowed and expected). They aren't a good fit, he started as a mean brat, and ended as someone who maybe had learned dicipline but still grown more distant and mean regardless, and she seems a bit too uncaring for him (5 years and they talked that little?) to suddenly start caring that strongly. Most of all though, they aren't a good fit as the author dilly-dallied so much with any romance-subplot - if not for the oddly quick pacing (4 chapters for entire school arc), this would have been 5 school years of "will they? wont they?". Except they still wouldn't have had any scenes apparently, so it would still have only been romantic tension there becasue-of and from the flags and tropes as opposed to actual interaction.

I don't know, but the only way I would see these two together is if after a few years they would meet as adults and a bit less dumbs, with a relationship not only competitive but also respectful first of all, and then friendship . . . and then - perhaps - sentimental and sexual interest.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah I'm not a fan of this character dynamic. It's "Magic World Special A" as someone put it but I'm sure Kei was only a smugboy because Hikari saw him as a rival and not as a man. Therefore, the competition was a way for him to let her indulge in how she sees the relationship rather than some genuine superior attitude.

Dex-chan lover
I always like rivals turning into lovers as a dynamic, especially as its implied he's been trying to make her stronger

I'm interested to see how his character develops. Maybe he puts on the aura of a playboy to hide some deep-seeded loneliness or he doesn't want to deal with all the wanton affection and so just goes with the flow? Interesting...

the story thus far has been so fulfilling it's unbelievable it's only been 4 chapters! this story just kinda feels different from the others so this might be my favorite manga.
thanks for the chapter! I'm excited to see how the characters would develop.

Users who are viewing this thread