Mahousekai no Uketsukejou ni Naritai desu! - Vol. 2 Ch. 8

Thought that the pig may be the Prince at first, and my Nunnaly ship maybe sink with his marriage to the princess... Guess what! XD

Can't wait for the next chapter, thank you for this!

Dex-chan lover
I do not want this ship to happen, at fucking all, since the dude is a fucking asshole while the girl just want to live her life and I hope she gets to do so.

> That and he is an asshole and the FML has to put up with the Ricky "If you're not first then you're last" Bobby mentality from the whole society let alone this douchebag.

What?

The only person who thinks being "second place" is bad is the MC. When anyone says that she got "second place" it is praise. Everyone thinks that the MC is amazing for her abilities.

Dex-chan lover
Holy hell, yall need to chill. Its a fucking work of fiction. Yall are looking way too deep into the main two.

re: alves and nunally’s dynamic

we’re only eight chapters in and FINALLY hit the beginnings of a story arc that isn’t school days...

chilllll and let the mangaka tell her story about growth and magic - it’s about the journey

I dont hate the ml. I mean of he weren’t her rival at the academy she wouldn’t be as good as she is now. They say good rivals make you grow faster. They fought a lot, but she was always equal with him, he never hurt her. And the mentality that the second place is shameful was originated from her. Everybody think that she is really cool and strong! I liked the fact that he didn’t treat her as how you would treat a girl, I mean like if she were a flower that is you just touch her a little bit it would wither. In that sense he acknowledged her talent and strength. So yeah, i ship them. I like a strong couple

Dex-chan lover
This really isn't that bad a relationship.

It's pretty clear that Nunnaly isn't truly against Lockmann's company. Until he is intentionally irritating, but even then, it's not deep animosity. They never aim to do anything permanently damaging to each other.

Lockmann had lived with girls swarming him and being a lady's man. The fact that he can be more true to his actual self around Nunnaly shows his level of inherent trust. Trust which started from childish arrogance, and is a holdover from their first meeting, but he does inherently care about her. Since she ultimately does put up with his real personality, which is something most others don't even get a glimpse at. Let alone acknowledge existing.

Nunnaly herself was forced to acknowledge Lockmann from their first meeting, but that ultimately fueled her competitive spirit. A spirit which helped create a trauma of sorts, but is a side effect of her own mentality and personal goal warping to specifically beat Lockmann. She initially was shown to dislike the school atmosphere and nobles as a whole. She always had the "I'll show you nobles" attitude. Lockmann happened to make her focus on him from the get go, and still persist to present day. Nunnaly never aimed for romance and never considered it, but it's not like she herself is against it. Not when her school friends were quite into pursuing romance. She didn't call it stupid, but pondered it.

First impressions are hard to change. Their relationship is definitely not a run of the mill idealistic sort. But there is a deep level of care in both for each other. Not born from an ideal scenario or a necessarily picturesque romantic setting, but it's there.

As Nunnaly's coworker put it, they're friends at least. Lockmann likely has a romantic interest while Nunnaly is still focused on her own end goal. Something Lockmann probably likes rather than a multitude of girls' endgoal just being to marry him. I mean he did take concern in Nunnaly's work immediately upon her teleport mishap.

Now personally, I do wish the focus was a bit more on Nunnaly's work and worldbuilding. It's more interesting than the romance in general. But that's clearly going to intertwine with at least Lockmann.

omg why y’all fighting?? lockman is being so cute and huggy with nunnaly and she doesn’t even notice bc she’s so dense hahaha idk about y’all but i’m on board the slow burn train!! he’s dropping so many hints that he likes her wtf that’s so cute thank you for the update!!

Double-page supporter
Alves over here playing 4D chess when everyone else is playing checkers.

but yall gotta give points to him for helping nunnaly introduce herself to an important noble/researcher that would clearly help her out in her career.. considering that commoner/noble status difference she would've highly unlikely ever brought herself to greet him herself

Nunnaly said she hasn't like Alves since the first time they met, when she lost to him at rock-paper-scissors. Alves is definitely a jerk but Nunnaly has always been just as petty as he is. I believe they are equally at fault for the bickering in their relationship.

The dynamic between the two is a lot better than in earlier chapters. They behaved like preschoolers before, but now it looks like they both have grown up a bit.

Shippppp. I im all in this slow romance train.

The ML isn't bad . Honestly , you all need to shut up bickering about how much a jerk he is when he clearly is not.
It's so cute how he hid her and introduced her to the researcher.
And Nunnuly clearly doesn't dislike his company , they've both matured a lot.
Alves with glasses is a treat to the eye. Nunnaly looks so pretty on the last page .

Please just let the author tell their the story. I've seen worse male leads.

Excited for them both to mature just a little bit more :) I adore the casual affection between MC and the various females too!

Thanks for the chapter <3

Dex-chan lover
Kingdom of Dolan's Magic Labour Law
Article 3 - Those who work at the guild hall is deemed awesome and has the same rights as nobility
Article 17 - Employees are required to take a dump before hunting magical beasts

Noble Law
Article 30 - Stepping on a nobleman's shoe is an offense on the king and country
Article 31 - The punishment is for the one who steps on the nobleman's foot to marry the nobleman whose foot was stepped on.

Users who are viewing this thread