[MainSite] Hardcoded Element Colors

File Attacher
Staff
Super Moderator
Someone showed up in #Support talking about how to change the color of an element (which i pointed out was hardcoded) and Tristan suggested them making a thread about it and i got curious how many i could find and making the thread myself :slap:, feel free to add any i missed

Tristan9 Said on Discord: →

We can probably fix a few of the more problematic hardcodes over the next few days, so things like what you reported would be good to collate into a single site bug thread on the forums I guess
So that it doesn’t prevent you from being able to make your theme

Chapter Group Title Bottom Border (Manually changed to red to make it stand out)
mgnscXi.png
fH7MWFs.png

HR Tags in User Menu, doesn't have a class that dictates the color like the others so is set to initial, so white (Again, changed to red manually)
rru8tXK.png
bJich9R.png

Tab Text Colors, White when selected and gray when not
lt32KRu.png
4bwNq2H.png

The "Add" placeholder buttons with dotted border has color set to initial and thus fixed to white (*0.4 opacity)
jGhXB9j.png
RZMhQms.png

The Cover placeholder button border
0dxerup.png
K86wpdh.png

On a /title page and hovering on a cover the expand icon is set to white (also side note, the shadow, not sure if that is something that should be changeable, just feel like it might stand out on some themes)
dcdjFKg.png
scFaUqt.png

And similarly to the shadow of the previous, the next one i'm not sure about if it should be changeable, i just feel like it'll stand out, the border on the small avatar scattered about (/users, omnibox, etc)
fID87fD.png
oAP0SBU.png

And another.. the Left/Right Navigation button on covers are fixed to white though scaled by a var
vX3t5OJ.png
cko2Hds.png

I believe those were all i noticed

Yuri Enjoyer
Staff
Developer
Not bad. That’s way less problematic bits than I feared.

File Attacher
Staff
Super Moderator
Welp, the last two images aren't loading, guessing there's a max of 14 per post so i'll put them down here i guess: (inb4 i get flagged or something)
vX3t5OJ.png
cko2Hds.png

Edit:
Tristan9 said on Discord:

Tho you forgot that the text color in buttons is hardcoded to white too

File Attacher
Staff
Super Moderator
Found some more, the .divider div on the report modal
o1buyMu.png
LHolZKa.png

Pretty sure i've seen this reported in #frontend... a bunch but.. the .popup
25sWgKR.png
bMPOLBM.png

Ooo.. missed a bit of an important one.. on a /title page the main title area is also fixed
ZhZgfAk.png
hP0aMfR.png

The currently active display layout button, might be related to the previous instance of the .active class but i'll record it anyway
IcNH8yL.png
k6aW6Tr.png

And when the layout is in the last one, i.e "covers only"? the title is fixed white
Cbecqfm.png
vRR8RaV.png

The border on the page selector, inherit > white
Na6A4yb.png
5zUtPZp.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread