Mairimashita! Iruma-kun - Ch. 303 - Magic Night

Good afternoon to whoever decides to give me their light of day.

Thank you for your kind and harsh words, I'll be honest and say I genuinely wasn't aware there would be backlash for this.
I've been accompanying the last few chapters in Japanese and was very excited after seeing the most recent one and thought this one must get out asap due to the events that were happening.
I did not take into consideration what others may think of this, so this was incredibly childish of me to jump on the wagon.
Due to my errors I've caused a lot of anger and confusion.
I merely worked on this for 2 hours yesterday and shamelessly thought it would work well enough to satiate everyone.
I apologize for my mediocre work, I've used some of my free time at work, paint(.)net, google translate and my weak japanese knowledge.
I could've worked on the other chapters since others have complained that I've failed to do so, but then it would appear useless in the sense of being called sniper, so I will abandon any further intentions of work I thought of doing, and leave it to the Misfit Scans.
I've remedied the last page after further review, in order to go with the proper flow of the original work.

I sincerely apologize, to those who I've genuinely upset posting this so early on and to Misfit Scans whom have worked tirelessly to bring the out quality work, if it seems that I've trampled on their works, it was not my intention to do so.

I've forgotten the internet is very harsh, but thank you for giving any of your time.
Thank you sincerely for your attention,
Cosmos.

Seeing this chapter uploaded and jump into recent raw. I already knew dear uploaded you will receive backlash for this and you should already knew this would happen cause in past this also happened and here as well on this manga at mangadex. Now, all you will see is 'curses' of curses from everyone. Although your translation is really good, you should really haven't done this because of hype.

I hope you will see the point why these comments is total mad at you.
I appreciate not being able to wait, but I mean whats the point of sniping only three chapters ahead? You get the dickish move, but like none of the payoff. Next time skip ahead 10 chapters and batch release the next five (unless of course the main group is only a few chapters behind the raws and the entire endeavor is rather pointless)
Lol the last line is wrong. It should be "hu..." instead of "human". Also based sniper destroying the looney troons squad
If they got tired of waiting then why won't they just read it in japanese?
If they can make scanlation, they have to know japanese, or know how to machine translate it.

Also if it's the case, why won't they scanlate chapter consecutive to previous one?

"I got tired of waiting" sounds like a fake reason, after analyzing their actions.
It's not the translation that's slow, it's the redrawing as they're short staffed.

There's also the problem that, none of the snipers ever bother to translate things properly. And this one is no exception. They even have a disclaimer at says 'may be inaccurate' which, why upload it if it's not accurate? That helps no one.

Dex-chan lover
ooh thats too bad it was a snipe, here i thought they'd do the first explain the now than go back in time to explain how we got here

you are a piece of shit, I read it without knowing it was 3 chapter ahead and now I will be anxious throughout those three chapters :| REALLY WAAAAH (this one is from my heart. I will cry. How can you do this???)

Contributor
@cosmosxo Please don't do this again in the future. I think it's okay whenever weekly manga doesn't have an update for about 2 months. If it'd happen I think you would be way more welcome.

Also as an advice from scanlator: Spend more time on regulating font size. Besides using very big font (you probably had only phone readers in mind), the font was mostly the same size. Didn't matter whether speech bubble was huge or tiny, therefore words often were too cramped.

Despite machine translation, I see you put an effort to proofread. You didn't just copy and paste everything. So I think in the future you may put out decent work if you'd want to.

Just please don't snipe anymore.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover

Thank you for your kind and harsh words, I'll be honest and say I genuinely wasn't aware there would be backlash for this.
I've been accompanying the last few chapters in Japanese and was very excited after seeing the most recent one and thought this one must get out asap due to the events that were happening.
I did not take into consideration what others may think of this, so this was incredibly childish of me to jump on the wagon.
I merely worked on this for 2 hours yesterday and shamelessly thought it would work well enough to satiate everyone.
I apologize for my mediocre work, I've used some of my free time at work, paint(.)net, google translate and my weak japanese knowledge.
I could've worked on the other chapters since others have complained that I've failed to do so, but then it would appear useless in the sense of being called sniper, so I will abandon any further intentions of work I thought of doing, and leave it to the Misfit Scans.
I've remedied the last page after further review, in order to go with the proper flow of the original work.

I sincerely apologize, to those who I've genuinely upset posting this so early on and to Misfit Scans whom have worked tirelessly to bring the out quality work, if it seems that I've trampled on their works, it was not my intention to do so.

I've forgotten the internet is very harsh, but thank you for giving any of your time.
Cosmos.
Listen bud, I've done scanlations myself, particularly two chapters for a certain purple haired demon with massive tits and a silver haired common law husband.
The issue here is that the translation was poorly done and since a lot of us have been following the misfits for years now, we've come to expect a high standard of quality for the work they've done
if you're going to make a scanlation, take your time and actually try to aim for quality.
While I am of the belief that no scanlator owns a series because it ultimately belongs to the original creators and publishers, it is in bad taste to "snipe" and put out a low quality TL especially when an established scan group who has made great releases over the years (barring an idiotic credits page not too long ago)
Take it as a harsh lesson bud, this shit ain't easy.

It's not the translation that's slow, it's the redrawing as they're short staffed.

There's also the problem that, none of the snipers ever bother to translate things properly. And this one is no exception. They even have a disclaimer at says 'may be inaccurate' which, why upload it if it's not accurate? That helps no one.
Frankly redrawing doesn't matter. I just want to know the story and I don't care about styling and minor things. Heck even having translation under the page is ok for me.

Aggregator gang
We definitely don't. There are two most probable results that may occur after sniping:
1. Original Uploader will lose motivation and stop uploading sniped chapters or do it less frequently.
2. They will race each other and both will have worsened quality scanlations.

We readers lose more than gain because of snipers (unless sniper would provide significantly better quality).

Also in this case, for example there was an upload 9 days ago and 20 days ago. So someone has to have patience of a 5 year old to think it's not frequent enough and they need faster ones.
as long as I get a translated chapter, i don't really care

Fed-Kun's army

Cosmos.
Don't apologize to these drooling mongoloids. This was a big chapter and waiting 2-3 weeks for the current translators to translate would have eventually spoiled most people anyway. You did a decent job too.

I'm used to seeing lower-quality translations (looking at you, My Wife is a Demon Queen), so I didn't have such a vitriolic opinion regarding this translation snipe, unlike some of the other users in this thread.

However, it's just off-putting that chapters were skipped. Why was chapter 303 translated instead of 301?
That's essentially my only issue regarding this ordeal.

If it were the case that chapters 301 to 303 were all eventually translated, even if lower quality, that would be fine since I would only have to wait for Misfit Scans to release their standard high-quality translations. The existing translations would suffice until a more polished version is released, no?

Last edited:
Aggregator gang
Well, Misfits got out chapters 301–303, so I think we can lay this thread to rest.

Dex-chan lover
I'm used to seeing lower-quality translations (looking at you, My Wife is a Demon Queen), so I didn't have such a vitriolic opinion regarding this translation snipe, unlike some of the other users in this thread.

However, its just off-putting that chapters were skipped. Why was chapter 303 translated instead of 301?
That's essentially my only issue regarding this ordeal.

If it were the case that chapters 301 to 303 were all eventually translated, even if lower quality, that would be fine since I would only have to wait for Misfit Scans to release their standard high-quality translations. The existing translations would suffice until a more polished version is released, no?

It was cause 303 was the one with the least amount of cleaning, redrawing, etc to do. And yet they still fucked it up. So all the "they were taking too long" arguements are null since it was clearly because this fucker was lazy and could not be asked to do 301 and 302 cause they knew they'd fuck it up even more

Fed-Kun's army
Looking at this motherfucker still think he's something. Out here dick riding for a lazy scanalator who only did 303 cause it was easy and they still fucked it up
Look at this motherfucker still think he's something. Out here dick riding for a lazy scanalators who had the 3 chapters done and were dragging their feet on release.

Users who are viewing this thread