Mairimashita! Iruma-kun - Ch. 312 - What I absolutely wanted to say

Double-page supporter
Why snipe misfit scans? They do a great job and are still active.
because misfits holds the series hostage until another group decides to translate it and then they magically catch up

Aggregator gang
This debate about sniping is so shit, there's no rule that someone can't TL it if there's already someone who TL it, I mean misfits 3 weeks late for someone who only wants to read the latest chapter they will start to worry, especially if they know there's no break on original release, besides it's not like it's a ass job of translation, it's still a good job, and we don't know what happen behind the scene, someone might see that this manga hasn't been translated for two weeks and he wants to do something about it so he decided to do it by himself but at the time he's finished, the old TL coming back, so should he throw the works he has done? I don't think that the right solution, might as well upload it and let people choose
Honestly, this sniping bashing is just like a thief called someone a thief just because he steals your prey faster

Dex-chan lover
because misfits holds the series hostage until another group decides to translate it and then they magically catch up
It's called being understaffed. This happens to other groups, like LHT, Mangasushi, GalaxyDegen, etc as well. When understaffed, projects fall behind. The "magically catches up" part is simply an "all hands on deck" moment to make up for the understaffed situation, typically with staff that were working on other projects jumping in to help the group catch up.

Sometimes, a critical staff member decides to pull out of scanlating to focus on IRL things (quite common actually) and that causes a bottleneck in the project as a result. Nothing "hostage" or "magic" inducing...

Dex-chan lover
Ok everyone needs to chill. On one side we have people flaming anon for sniping Misfits, which I get. Sniping sucks and this manga has an especially awful experience with them. But this is a rather high quality scan, maybe not Misfits levels, but still very good. Actually just go read it before flaming anon. On the other hand, we have people flaming Misfits for being behind. Yes, they are behind, but that’s because they put out some very good high quality scans. If you don’t like the scans even after trying it, just wait for anon. I personally think the compromise is that Misfits and Anon work together to achieve the high quality and speed (and anti-snipe) that you picky fellows want so much.

God bless the new translation group. Misfits were take way too long for a weekly manga (who cares about redrawing, just translate the main text...)

Yeah second time I have seen them do this shit. They are slow but when someone snipes them they suddenly upload a chapter/ multiple chapters. If they are actually understaffed why are they able to pump the chapters when someone else does?

Ok everyone needs to chill. On one side we have people flaming anon for sniping Misfits, which I get. Sniping sucks and this manga has an especially awful experience with them. But this is a rather high quality scan, maybe not Misfits levels, but still very good. Actually just go read it before flaming anon. On the other hand, we have people flaming Misfits for being behind. Yes, they are behind, but that’s because they put out some very good high quality scans. If you don’t like the scans even after trying it, just wait for anon. I personally think the compromise is that Misfits and Anon work together to achieve the high quality and speed (and anti-snipe) that you picky fellows want so much.
I think the hate misfits get is from their rabid fanbase and the feeling that they own the series. I doubt anyone would care if they uploaded at their own pace without their fans flaming other translators.

Dex-chan lover
I think the hate misfits get is from their rabid fanbase and the feeling that they own the series. I doubt anyone would care if they uploaded at their own pace without their fans flaming other translators.
"rabid" Lmao they sure as hell aren't.

Users who are viewing this thread