Mairimashita! Iruma-kun - Ch. 341 - An Outstretched Palm

Dex-chan lover
That's such crap, yes there needs to be established consequences to all of this that leads to actual issues, but that doesn't mean that characters need to be permanently damaged because of it, or at least not Silvia specifically, to be good story writing. People like you make me so annoyed because you have this idiotic idea that things aren't good unless someone dies, the you treat garbage like Chainsaw Man and Walking Dead like it's the best thing ever because almost everyone dies there (news flash, it's not suddenly less predictable just because anybody can die, at that point you shift to "he's dead, she's dead, they're all dead," and just stop caring about the characters completely.) Get out of here with that nonsense about "the author has no balls to establish real consequences" You don't know squat.
Try to read your own words big dog. You wrote like a shit show lmao cba reading your squat acting wannabe tough 💀

Dex-chan lover
Try to read your own words big dog. You wrote like a shit show lmao cba reading your squat acting wannabe tough 💀
Wow, what a scathing review, I'm just so terribly wounded by your words. If this is what you call a counterargument, I'm not impressed, guess you were everything I thought you were after all, how sad.

Dex-chan lover
it's less a matter of the author not having the courage to pull out big consequences, I think, and more that she's beholden to the messages that she wants to communicate. permanently crippling silvia for looking at the painting would punish her for being true to her desires, which runs counter not only to the themes of her character arc but to those of the manga itself. as much as it would be an interesting turn of events, it would also be completely inconsistent with the overarching tone of the story

some stories are about bitter truths and gritty consequences, this one is about chasing your dreams and how love and kindness can change the world
Exactly, while it's not wrong to believe there should be consequences of some form to ensure the audience feels the gravity of the situation, the grave consequences episode is asking for just doesn't fit the narrative and would do more harm than good.

Dex-chan lover

You need to continue the Sabnock bloodline Iruma!!!​

We never got the answer whether the demon world is actually monogamous. Even if it is, does that extend to the demon lord?

I know Ameli is the endgame here, but we couldn't fault the boy if he just married the entire harem (new additions to be expected every 10 chapters or so)

Dex-chan lover
Pretty much. Like, I don’t think we’ve had a single character death so far. It’s just not that type of series yet

If Nishi-Sensei really wanted to go down this edgy path, she’d let Kiriwo tell Alice that Iruma’s human instead of having a deviphone ex machina.
On the other hand it could be a continuation of the turn to more serious issues represented by the background ur-plot that has steadily been getting more and more serious and more and more dark in comparison to how the series initially started- though the happier moments have not disappeared, either.

Dex-chan lover
Let's admit it, the joke was too obvious to not be predicted, but it was too good to not be used.

Double-page supporter
I'm enjoying this dramatic painting arc, but as the magitool club shouldn't they have done like a photocopy?

Dex-chan lover
I'm with the other dude in the comments, her going into evil phase from the painting would be wicked (pun intended) without necessarily being grim. Remember that not all evil phases are alike either as Iruma's wicked phase was simply throwing caution to the wind and being selfish, but his reasons for doing so were for his friends.

That way, there could be a consequence without running against the whole theme of the manga. See, the middle ground isn't so bad......

Would be great if the author can have the balls to actually live up to the occasion and made sylvia be crippled and mentally unstable after pulling off the masterpiece. Like i mean, fuck that power of friendship bullshit and went with the reason you gave beem's painting such a big deal in the first place.

I doubt it tho, the balls are long gone.
This is a pretty lighthearted manga overall. Last thing I'd want for it is for the series to go full Gal Cleaning.

Dex-chan lover
Oh no, she looks hot with the headband and hair back like that

Dex-chan lover
your little sis and your unwitting frenemy waltz in to speak about something serious
immediately assume they want to get frisky and are asking you for blessing
It's hilarious, and the fact that Sabnock is like "yo bro you sometimes piss me off but i know u a good bloke n be a proper man for my sis go have fun" makes it even funnier

Would be great if the author can have the balls to actually live up to the occasion and made sylvia be crippled and mentally unstable after pulling off the masterpiece. Like i mean, fuck that power of friendship bullshit and went with the reason you gave beem's painting such a big deal in the first place.

I doubt it tho, the balls are long gone.
Seeing as the author is female...

Users who are viewing this thread