Mairimashita! Iruma-kun - Ch. 356 - I'll Come Along

Dex-chan lover
This author is simply one of the GOAT when it comes to portray sheer emotions.

Well, would you look at that, one of the few instances where "check your privilege" actually helps. We all receive many things, so it is important to remember to give back. Just as you have had a teacher, the time will come where someone will look to you for instruction.

Very wholesome chapter.

I agree. I think this subject was dealt with gracefully. Nishi-sensei always brings happiness to my heart. <3

Discussing privilege in a wholesome way is challenging. In my anedoctal experience, most manga portray privilege through an overly arrogant character who learns their lesson only when their privilege is revoked. It's a simple, tried, and proven method that most readers can understand or relate to.

Nishi-sensei subverts this logic by having Clara (an insecure character who has experienced bullying) realize that she is privileged ultra mega crazy super-duper lucky! Yes, she is privileged in several ways, but what are the chances of having a human, let alone a human Iruma-kun, enrolled in your grade? Without Iruma-kun, her school life would likely take a dark turn. Recognizing that your success is not solely your own but also the result of support from others, and having the courage to pass it on to someone less fortunate, is no easy task.

Of course, all will go well because this is that kind of manga. However, even though real life is more complex and less forgiving than the netherworld (how? ლ(¯ロ¯"ლ) HOW?!), it’s a good opportunity to learn to be grateful and to share your blessings with others.

Double-page supporter
I feel like such a proud mama watching them give their first lesson to another demon.

It all started with a Quan-Quan

Double-page supporter
This chapter with Clara being the teacher makes me think if Iruma becomes the Demon King and Sullivan retires, Clara will become headmistress of Babyls.

When Sullivan was away and interrogated by Azazel Henri, Kalego had been interim director. So I think that Clara would be a teacher, and Kalego could possibly take over the position of director.

Double-page supporter
I imagine Clara as a teacher to be, as an attitude more or less like Bars Robin as a teacher.

So the Quan Quan spell is a very difficult one, but it is one of the basic spells that everyone must know, like for example a beginner.

Also that flower with many ears that Nova created looks nice.

Users who are viewing this thread