Mairimashita! Iruma-kun - Ch. 358 - Kingmaker

Double-page supporter
Mephisto really got shown by Delkira and now thinks he will be the one to make the next king, oh he will be shown again and I think even harder. I love that Delkira's response to meeting the "kingmaker" was "I don't need anyone to make me king, I will do it myself" and he did. I think Iruma will win over Mephisto at the end of this arc, but Mephisto will not get to be the "kingmaker" again as much as he wishes; maybe in the future when he realizes that he swaps sides. who knows. What I am sure of is there won't be a "kingmaker" again.

Dex-chan lover
chapter in a nutshell: perfection.
such a good chapter for info dump and why Mephisto clearly got the position of 13 crowns, remember that the master of Iruma, got out because she wasn't as good as her competition, which now makes a lot more sense.
now the face at the end... chef kiss hahaha, he really will have to up his game to be able to roll with Iruma and his group.
Wait till mephisto see the other iruma.
his face will glow or he will see what's behind the ring
I'm just happy this chapter revealed that Mephisto doesnt have any ill-intentions towards our cinnamon roll. Was worried he was going to backstab him
as we saw thankfully he's more in the mercy side and wants a king, while six fingers wants more chaos than having a reign.

Dex-chan lover
It is surprising... but it makes total sense that Mephisto is so old, and in retrospect, why he was chosen for one of the 13 seats in this reelection is a no-brainer too.

Nishi-sensei made the perfect character to embody the name Mephisto.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
M40a2uu.png

Double-page supporter
He is regretting every life choice right now.
It'll be interesting to see if he picked Iruma as his candidate of choice or if he'll judge each of the others too. And if he'll keep backing the one he chooses or jump ship to be on what he thinks is the winning side.
He was always going to be doing his role as the judge, so i dont doubt for a second hes watching all potential contestants at the same time, and he just backs whoever has the make-king (eh? eh?).

Gosh I love this chapter so much - this is why I love this manga so much

Dex-chan lover
You can see Mephy pondering his life choices. Here is someone who has been hiding for hundreds of years waiting for the opportunity to mold a new demon king to surpass Delkira. To do so he chooses the candidate who is the grandson of the demon who replaced him as the king's right hand, Sullivan. Someone who he believes he can break and build up as he sees fit. He gives Iruma a task Mephy is sure our cinnamon roll is going to fail. Instead the first time he checks Iruma since giving him his task, Iruma has pretty much said, "Nah, I'm going to do my own thing." Just like Delkira

Dex-chan lover
Imagine the try hard mirroring iruma to delkira and its all ended up in kindergarten class :kek:

Users who are viewing this thread