Mairimashita! Iruma-kun - Ch. 364 - Were He a King Who Discards

The difference of Iruma and Delkira is that Delkira himself is the strong one. He can "make his own path" by brute force if necessary, But Iruma can't. Best comparison i think Delkira is like Sinbad and Iruma is like Alibaba from Magi Manga. Delkira, like sinbad, shine so strong he pull everyone to follow his way, but Iruma "the ordinary one" he walk beside you and push you forward.

I like how Iruma acknowledges that his desire to not let anything or anyone slip through the cracks is greedy, it shows that he's not as naive as some people make him out to be, and it works with some of the traits that demons look for in their leaders. Yeah he might be working in a manner that seems selfless because Iruma desires everyone to be happy, but even that can be a source of greed, in a sense, because it's still what Iruma desires, sometimes at the expense of others (those that want the status quo to remain the same, for example.) It's an interesting concept really, selfless greed, it seems contradictory at first, but it makes sense when you consider it from the perspective of someone that finds joy in the happiness of others. Honestly, Iruma's acknowledgement that his path is quite greedy makes me even more interested to see the final confrontation with Kirio since this means that Iruma knows he's not acting on some grandiose hero's path, but his own personal self-interest in seeing Kirio return to the club.

Exactly. I personally believe that Iruma's philosophy boils down to this, "The more full my friends' (and he considers pretty much everybody friends) lives are, the greedier I can be." He wants everybody to be happy and then, and only then, would he look for more.

Dex-chan lover
HEAR-HO lol, what a funny little quirk. And Mephisto doesn't even take a moment to correct himself to Carrot Minister Iruma. What a fun chapter.

Iruma saying he wants to take it all and not leave anything behind is a nice callback to how Sabro said that Iruma wasn't the type to leave others behind

Yeah, and a callback to the feast where he asked for seconds, and was called supremely greedy for wanting everything before him and more.

Dex-chan lover
is this arc finally ends ???? FINALLY, it's not like it's bad or anything but it could get better.

Dex-chan lover
IT'S TASTY!
.......:meguu:.......

Iruma's gonna make mephisto build Mephistour guide agency. Lol
ngl, he makes a guide agency sounds like a good idea. he can't be king maker, but he can work as guide to different people. it's endless source of work! no more relying on one person!

Double-page supporter
Mephisto: "Make a country!"
Iruma: "Right! I'll carefully develop their infrastructure, creating an educational system and an agricultural economy based around regional specialties!"
Mephisto: "I meant, like... wear a crown and sit on a throne, or something? Actually, your idea sounds better, let's go with that."

Dex-chan lover
So not only does he have a promotion BUT he also has the king-maker desire to make him king!

Group Leader
something about this arc feels a little off :thonk:

everything feels convenient and iruma keeps responding in the EXACT perfect way which aligns with other characters' hidden motivations :pepehmm:

i was hoping there would be genuine conflict in this arc tbh but each time a problem is presented, it's resolved in the very next chapter :shamihuh: the penny has to drop soon :worry:

People forgot that Iruma's ranking task was "gather the many ears in one place, become king and govern them", not "turn them into a super race who are entirely independent and influential". People seem to confused coexist and exploitation. The many ears monetizing their carrot and sell them to the high ranking is stable business, not being useless dependent.

Before Iruma, they only have three path which is Jewelry, scout and music. But now with enough income and settlement, they can work on other things instead. They are not trading one trick for another, they are opening up more possibilities for the future. Now they can monetize both the hearing and crops, and even more so in the future.

Dex-chan lover
Easily the worst comment in the chapter, so far
Presenting a complicated situation, immediately giving a situation, then everything working out even better than before. Not to mention that the Many Ears are still in the same situation, it's just that they changed their main occupation from hearing to farming carrots, that's it.
Garbage arc, and garbage people who liked this piece of shit arc.

Fed-Kun's army
Still doesn't feel like they got any independence or that it resolve the issue of the many-ears.
They still only use their ears and don't cultivate any other talent.

Dex-chan lover
chapter made me smile for a while and brought a tear to my eye. Love great writing

Presenting a complicated situation, immediately giving a situation, then everything working out even better than before. Not to mention that the Many Ears are still in the same situation, it's just that they changed their main occupation from hearing to farming carrots, that's it.
Garbage arc, and garbage people who liked this piece of shit arc.

They went through the training they received during their own school for magic training. While it is a bit nonsensical that their magic makes the carrots taste better is neither here nor there. The point of the arc/chapter was to show Iruma off. It also gave the many ears more choice and demonstrated if you don't try anything new you'll learn nothing new or find out your other talents. Don't be such a downer.

Dex-chan lover
Ngl this just feels like the story patting itself on the back for the solution it pulled out of thin air.

Users who are viewing this thread