Mairimashita! Iruma-kun: If Episode of Mafia - Ch. 9 - ▇▇ and Ambition

Dex-chan lover
Ameri wants to save Iruma, but Iruma needs to save Ameri. Don't trust Ocho and the Six Fingers.

Clara and Azz were looking so badass!

This paintball game is going to be wild.

Dex-chan lover
Oh mah gawd, the sheer fucking effort put into this is amazing, the art style, the vibrance and the smiles kill me. Ameri chan nooooooo, don't surrender yourself. You are meant to stay by iruma's side. She looks absolutely badass, with the gangsta suit, absolutely fire 🔥. Can't express how good this series has been and a cluster fuck of emotion that we ride in this rollercoaster is amazing

And waiting another month has now become that more anxious D: ... great chapter btw! can't wait for what's to come, also that foreshadowing with the water tower and the story :thonk:

Dex-chan lover
I know I say it every chapter, but this is soooo good.
Hiroja-sensei's designs and action shots are wonderful! Everyone is getting a sexy power-up while still being themselves.

That page of the two Ameris was really powerful.
I'm glad this spin-off is monthly, because Hiroja-sensei must rest after pumping up these chapters of high quality.

Dex-chan lover
Jesus... fucking... Christ... the imagery in this chapter is so... S C H W A Y.
(bonus point for anyone that gets the reference)

How in the nine hells this spin-off gets away with being so fucking good, the re-imagination of the characters is simply superb, not only maintaining the core of who they are in the original but giving them new shinning clothes that fit like skin.

And everyone here is at least 60% sexier... GOD... those suits leave nothing desired.

OG Clara would be jealous of Mafia Clara from how sexy she is... at least early Clara, nowadays the little chaos gremlin discovered where her charm lies.

Dex-chan lover
Jesus... fucking... Christ... the imagery in this chapter is so... S C H W A Y.
(bonus point for anyone that gets the reference)

How in the nine hells this spin-off gets away with being so fucking good, the re-imagination of the characters is simply superb, not only maintaining the core of who they are in the original but giving them new shinning clothes that fit like skin.

And everyone here is at least 60% sexier... GOD... those suits leave nothing desired.

OG Clara would be jealous of Mafia Clara from how sexy she is... at least early Clara, nowadays the little chaos gremlin discovered where her charm lies.
This is a fantastic example of how you can change things in an adaptation and make it work. The way a lot of the characters in this are very different from the main story but I'm actually excited to see how they changed them when they shows up. This hones in on to some core aspect of their personality and focus on it allowing things on the periphery to distort but not go to far off model to the point it becomes unrecognizable. It's fun to see the changes.

It's funny, I don't remember ever seeing anyone pissed about any of the changes the author makes to characters in this adaptation. You see people handed more than a quarter of a billion dollars and the keys to an even more valuable intellectual property from some classic game/show/movie/comic/etc and just shit all over it. Then they whine and cry "You just hate it because it's not exactly like the [media] and you're a bigot!", not willing to acknowledge the possibility that people don't like it because it's poorly made.

The characters are very different and everybody loves it because it's handled well. Nobody is angry, that's a very rare thing on the internet.

i0031n.jpg

Can we just take a moment, pause and admire the art direction and how the panels are drawn? The art style is very clearly reminiscent of the original style but the 'flowy' way it's being presented gives it its own sense of originality. The story is canon-compliant but it has its own modern day twist that is just soooo good...

Also can we talk about the symbolism? Child Ameri is supposed to symbolise the past for Iruma and the need to get back to said past for Ameri. Both of them are parallels for each other with the key difference that Iruma is content with the present and would like to help change Ameri's present. However Ameri is more reminiscent of the past and would go to lengths to return to the past, and is rather uncaring about the present and future. However, their positions as leaders make it necessary for them to ignore the past and focus on the future (as seen with Ameri crossing out her child self when taking the deal that would make it impossible for her to return to Iruma aka the past.)

Dex-chan lover
Iruma's bullets never miss! I wonder if we'll see Bachiko as well soon since we're getting sharpshooter Iruma.

Users who are viewing this thread