Mairimashita! Iruma-kun: If Episode of Mafia - Ch. 8 - Princess

Dex-chan lover
Hopefully Ameri doesn't shoot Iruma here.

---

Ameri in this AU is so fucking amazing. I thought she was best girl in the original but here it is unquestionable. Can't wait for her to make bad decisions and but heads.
She's so 🔥 in main and everywhere, but im a clara fan so I gotta kill u bro sorry 🙏

Fed-Kun's army
🌸 For page 19 with Jazz trying to steal Kalego's briefcase. Tell me Jazz, you want your hand cut off and you don't know how to ask for it.

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
Well, she definitely is, but, nope, Iruma clearly started adding "-san" to her name at the end (pages 36 and 37), indicating that he felt the distance between them widened. That's in striking contrast with how he didn't bother using honorifics right from the get-go after a long separation. Unless you were making a little joke, and i'm pointing out the obvious.

On a different note, didn't knew the 4th person on student council was a girl, lol.

She showed him the gap in skills and experience between the two of them so there is a distance.
In the OG manga, they're really close and yet he still calls her "Ameri-san" out of respect for her and because he's not on her level yet.

There is a distance and the obliviously not healthy and condescending way Ameri treats him widens this gap even more, but do you want to bet that even after he proves himself during this arc, he will still call her "-san" ?

It's not just because of those pages, those are simply the last nail on the coffin, because he feels like he has no rebuttal, yet.

476210.jpg

Dex-chan lover
She showed him the gap in skills and experience between the two of them so there is a distance.
In the OG manga, they're really close and yet he still calls her "Ameri-san" out of respect for her and because he's not on her level yet.

There is a distance and the obliviously not healthy and condescending way Ameri treats him widens this gap even more, but do you want to bet that even after he proves himself during this arc, he will still call her "-san"?

It's not just because of those pages, those are simply the last nail on the coffin, because he feels like he has no rebuttal, yet.
You should keep in mind that not using honorifics is almost intimate in Japanese. If Iruma had just shown his respect by adding "-san" once (you see that in manga all the time used in a joking manner) - that would've been one thing. But he did it twice, didn't revert to "no honorific" speech, and atmosphere at the end was pretty heavy - that's a clear indication that their childhood friends intimacy took a blow there. It's not that Iruma wanted to widen the distance between them, but he clearly felt that it did happen because their views didn't align.

They weren't childhood friends in OG manga, so their standing there is inherently different - dropping honorifics when you started on "-san" basis is beyond OG Iruma's scope yet (too pure for that, but, god, i wish that started changing soon).

I never said Iruma won't return to calling her without "-san", how did you come to this conclusion? :questionblob:

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
I never said Iruma won't return to calling her without "-san", how did you come to this conclusion? :questionblob:

Because if your argument is "he's putting some distance only because of x specific problem/situation" then, once the problem is solved, he should go back to call her without the "-san".
But I don't think he will, that's about it.

Nah, not the red cross reaction :kek:

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Because if your argument is "he's putting some distance only because of x specific problem/situation" then, once the problem is solved, he should go back to call her without the "-san".
But I don't think he will, that's about it.
Oh, i thought "do you want to bet that even after he proves himself during this arc, he will still call her "-san"?" part wasn't your point, but an impression of my argument, my bad.

In any case, i would expect him to go back to not using honorifics after situation will get resolved, but it can go both ways (especially, depending on how long it will take and how exactly it will happen (and there is also a fact they are both atop of different groups)).
My point still stands though - it's not respect that made Iruma start using "-san", but the fact that he started feeling uncomfortable with how Ameri treated him (whether it's about him being put in a role of a princess, the fact that Ameri wants to take him away from Babel, or both). And as long as Iruma is using honorifics, whether be it out of respect or discomfort, that's a sign the ship is at anchor.

YANDERE AMERI?
PRINCE????
EVERYONE IN THIS MANGA IS SOOO PERFECT OMIGOSH
MAN EVEN I AM FALLING FOR AMERI
MOVE IRUMA, MY TURN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOD. Yandere, gang leader, dark Ameri is GORGEOUS. This is beyond a spin-off manga in overall quality...

Users who are viewing this thread