Mairimashita! Iruma-kun - Vol. 34 Ch. 299 - Room For One More

Dex-chan lover
Baal's plan is rather confusing. Him saying let's get a new king have a high chance of causing him to lose a power ally like Poro. After all the only reason Poro joined Baal's faction was that he was told that it would allow them to find Delkira the Demon King and bring him back.

Doing this would clearly violate their agreement and instantly turn Poro against Baal, even if Poro isn't there to see this, I'm sure news will still spread. The only thing I can think of is that Baal has an ace or two up his sleeves, such as the backing of at least one of the other two great demons, which would be more than enough to knock away the chess board and ensure chaos at the party as well as the demon world.

Dex-chan lover
What was Narnia's position at border patrol, again? I mean, i recall Fenrir was a deputy director, was Narnia the top dog?

Dex-chan lover
What was Narnia's position at border patrol, again? I mean, i recall Fenrir was a deputy director, was Narnia the top dog?
For border patrol it goes:
1. Border patrol chief: Henri, Amelie's dad.
2. Border patrol director(?) Narnia (Who Henri is currently impersonating)
3. Border patrol deputy director: Fenrir (Who Narnia is currently impersonating)

Dex-chan lover
Baal's plan is rather confusing. Him saying let's get a new king have a high chance of causing him to lose a power ally like Poro. After all the only reason Poro joined Baal's faction was that he was told that it would allow them to find Delkira the Demon King and bring him back.

Doing this would clearly violate their agreement and instantly turn Poro against Baal, even if Poro isn't there to see this, I'm sure news will still spread. The only thing I can think of is that Baal has an ace or two up his sleeves, such as the backing of at least one of the other two great demons, which would be more than enough to knock away the chess board and ensure chaos at the party as well as the demon world.
I look forward to seeing his gambit play out.

Thanks for the translation.

Dex-chan lover
Crazy that we're at chapter 300 soon, yet feels like they can go even longer if they want to.

Also, who was it that talked at the end there?
Baal, Sabnock's uncle, the baddy who wants savage Netherworld

Dex-chan lover
The balls on this Baal. He's definitely the type who wouldn't want to be king, he just wants the ancient ways of demons back. That is cowardly AF. I wonder if he would take responsibility and try to take the throne for himself. Doubt it though. Thanks for the chapter!!!

Group Leader

Poro only cares about finding Delkira, he doesn't care if Delkira is still King or not. In return for backing Baal, Poro most likely secured Baal's promise that he would dedicate a good portion of the Demon World's resources towards finding him.

Of course Baal would most likely try to assassinate Delkira as soon as he's found and blame it on someone else, as Delkira stands for everything he hates about the current Demon World policies.

Dex-chan lover
Poro only cares about finding Delkira, he doesn't care if Delkira is still King or not.
Honestly, I'm not so sure, especially judging from Poro's reaction when one of Baal's subordinates implied that they can revive Delkira (which implies that he's dead), in which Poro beat the subordinate up until he rephrased his words. Followed by Poro saying that Delkira was his, and should've also been Sullivan's, everything and that no one could replace him. I think that implies that Poro won't accept another king. Now if Delkira ever told Poro that he didn't care for the Demon King's title, then sure Poro wouldn't care either. But as it currently stands, Poro seems to make an effort in preserving Delkira achievements and goals, which also includes the current demon world, and having a new Demon King would also effectively change the demon world.

So it just seems odd to me that Baal is doing this right now, unless either he has Poro completely under his control or subdued, has no need for Poro (and has a backing that's greater than Poro), and/or his plan also has a solution to handling Poro in the event that he moves against Baal.

Dex-chan lover
Game of thrones, game of thrones!

The only thing I dislike in this chapter that... it's super confusing who's who because of their "disguises". They'll show who they really are in one panel, and then show their disguised look in another. It's jarring, particularly for new characters we haven't seen regularly yet. And what's annoying is... everyone knows each other anyway regardless of the disguise.

Bro knew he ain't winning so he made this a PVP match. 💀
if you're talking about Baal being a crown, nah... he's still one of the 13 crowns. unless you mean about "Baal not winning the demon king's seat", which I think is still up for grabs in anyone's plans.

It's wild though for sure, and he really did make this a pvp match lol. Now I wonder if the masked man (Zebubra?) who was saying it's unfair is one of Baal's subordinate or Baal simply changed the conversation towards what he wants with his quick wits.

Dex-chan lover
So, we know Baal is a baddy, but we also know he isn't dumb.
Not only is proclaiming to replace Demon Lord Delkira pretty much considered high treason, doing it in front of the the Three Greats is nigh on suicide. Seems pretty dumb, but I'm fully convinced the cocky bastard will manage to turn it to his favor.

Either way, chapter 300 is going to be an absolute bloodbath.
I wonder if this is why its called the day of betrayal maybe? I was concerned that it would be bc of someone iruma knew or his allies knew defecting but im not so sure now.

Either way kinda nice job breaking it villain if the "should we replace the demon king" gambit interrupts narnia becoming a 13 crown or something similar. Can only imagine the ball room will be buzzing like a swarm of bees next chapter lol.

Users who are viewing this thread