Mairimashita! Iruma-kun - Vol. 36 Ch. 313 - Preparation, Thy Name Is Resolve

Dex-chan lover
Any time Iruma is in a room with any of the higher up demons I get worried we're gonna see sum real shit go down lol

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter, it was worth the wait. Quality trumps quantity, and you guys deliver SSS-tier goods

Dex-chan lover
This just reinforces my opinion that the reason iruma was chosen is cause he is somehow the reincarnation of demon king Derkila with the ring spirit alikred (literally derkila spelled backwards...) being like some last vestiges of his power or will left behind in an artifact.

Dex-chan lover
(In the future)
Iruma:
I'm not the Messiah!

Sullivan:
I say you are, Iruma-kun, and I should know, I've followed a few!

Demons:
Hail, Demon King!

Iruma:
I'm not the Demon King! Will you please listen?! I'm not the Demon King, do you understand?! Honestly!

Alice:
Only the true Demon King denies his divinity!

Iruma:
What?! Well, what sort of chance does that give me?! All right, I am the Demon King!

Demons:
He is! He is the Demon King!

Dex-chan lover
The funny part is that it is common for people to focus on the wrong parts. The 13 seats were designated by Delkira, so they didn't want to change what was done in his memory. Tunnel vision is scary. It could also be that some don't want to increase the number of seats, because their influence will be diluted (US House of Representatives and Senate), but that is more of a real world problem than one in this comic, I think.
For starters, an odd number of votes gives lower chances of an even split deadlock.

Dex-chan lover
I mean why not? Or make the seat of the demon king separate from the 13 crowns.
This. I've never really look at the 13 Crowns properly, so I just assumed that Delkira and the 3 Greats aren't part of it (as in Demon King > 3 Greats > 13 Crowns). Which is why I'm surprised when they showed that the 13 Crowns includes the Demon King and the 3 Greats.

Dex-chan lover
Well, I think, there're better ways to deal with Delkira's seat problem than just to add a new seat to the 13 Crowns, like, for example, making an honourary seat/-s or making the informal titles (3 Greats, 3 Heroes, Demon King) into the formal ones and free up the Crowns seats (wouldn't really matter to the balance of power as it already crumbles).

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Resolving a conflict before it even begins.

Iruma is taking his first steps towards becoming the next demon king.

Double-page supporter
For starters, an odd number of votes gives lower chances of an even split deadlock.
Something that is quite easy to solve in this particular case.

Since the three greats are clearly above the rest of the 13 crowns, in case of a 'tie' overall, the 'winner' is based on the majority vote of three greats. So if option A got 5 votes from the lesser crowns and 2 from three greats, while the option B got 6 from lesser ones and 1 from three greats, option A is chosen.

Look for solutions, not problems.

Now, creating a new position of power is not something that should be made just like that, necessarily. But the argument you used is simply not hard to solve.

Dex-chan lover
Something that is quite easy to solve in this particular case.

Since the three greats are clearly above the rest of the 13 crowns, in case of a 'tie' overall, the 'winner' is based on the majority vote of three greats. So if option A got 5 votes from the lesser crowns and 2 from three greats, while the option B got 6 from lesser ones and 1 from three greats, option A is chosen.

Look for solutions, not problems.

Now, creating a new position of power is not something that should be made just like that, necessarily. But the argument you used is simply not hard to solve.
That goes well beyond "just adding a single additional position" and shifts the power relationship quite a bit.

Dex-chan lover
Iruma: Okay Baal, I see your overly complex plan involving corrupting and brainwashing a 13 Crown that probably took years maybe even decades in order to create conflict that could cause the whole demon world to go to war and I shall stop it in less than a day by checks notes being myself.

Users who are viewing this thread