Mairimashita! Iruma-kun - Vol. 4 Ch. 34 - Releasing Magic

Dex-chan lover
thanks for the good stuff

e: boy that comparison image sure tells a lot, huh

Double-page supporter
I agree with most of the comparisons, as wh's translations are either poorly worded or outright mistranslations.
But I think the Pandora/Pandolura one could kinda go either way (even if Pandora's greek and Ifrit's middle eastern, and the way it's written is really strange), though I see why being more literal and neutral would be better in this situation.
パンドルーラ could even be Pão do Lula if the author is really a fan of Brazilian politicians and likes bread

...jk

Building off of what @AkiTooru said, I think that using Pandora is the better translation in that case, since the whole magic trapped inside the ring thing is a pretty clear allusion to the original Pandora's Box myth. Desu Vult definitely has the better translations elsewhere and overall though.

From what I see, WH reused the Vietnamese scan (not that a big deal). The thing is, most of the time it's poorly translated, or still has Vietnamese sfx text in it (for example: page 7 of chapter 36 from their release). Maybe it's only me but I rather read it with clean English sfx, or just pure Japanese sfx if the translation team doesn't have a proper cleaner. Speedy scan doesn't mean quality scan at all, so I'm gonna wait for Desu Vult's future release.

Group Leader
@AkiTooru Yeah, I think it's definitely meant to be Pandora. I don't see the need to translate it literally into Pandolura. Surely if they were going to literally translate it then it should be Pandorūra? I'm kidding, it should be Pandora, lol.

@reika That depends on what it says in the raws. Last I checked, "Pandora" would be パンドラ in kana, using the Project Pandora TV show title as reference. What Deus Vult has translated as "Pandorula" is probably something like パンドルーラ . Don't have the raws myself, but "Pandora" I don't believe would have a Ru in the middle of it, that's not how Japanese phonetics would pronounce the name and one wouldn't just drop a character in the middle of a word when translating it.

@reika @tikibo @sheephunt2000
it's meant to be slurred or part gibberish according to our translator that's why it's pan dolura
Quoting him here
"he absolutely does not say pandora
Pandora = パンドラ (pandora)
(???) Pan Dolura = パンドルーラ (pan doruura)
it could be that he's using a word I don't know
sort of like when I had to specifically look up why he'd write "Amii" with a weird dangling i
I can't find anything with a bunch of different ways of typing,so I can only assume it's a gibberish spell intentionally warping 'pandora'.

so he didn't say' pandora', but at the same time it could be something different not 'pan dolura'.

jak

Contributor
My god, Wicked House's translation is fucking terrible.

I can't deal with the poor quality from wicked house, you guys are worth the wait, keep up the good work!

Group Leader
@RC1138Boss Competition is good? XD. The scanlations go fast to upload first, the quality gets worse, and most people reads the first release instead to wait to read the best version, so the job well done is not rewarded... I can't see a reason why the competition is good XD.

Dex-chan lover
@Groomp
Yeah. I have seen plenty of TN groups draw a comparison between "their snipers", but most of them were petty as fuck. Drawing the difference between sentences like "He is wicked" and "His heart is dark".
Or: "the actual move's name is 'Serpent Walk', not "Viper Jump"! Omfg so bad!"
Petty as all hell, with differences that did not actually mattered at all.

But this time around?
The difference between: "You're more ambitious than me" and "You're wretched!" is outstanding.
P.S: This is me being petty -- fuk to heck people who use 「「SKILLZ BRACKETS」」. I have no love for that.

Is there a way to get wicked house translations reported and or banned? Cause their translations arnt real translations . .....

Dex-chan lover
@BionicCrow If Wicked House was breaking any rules this site has, their translations would've been taken down by now. There's something of an unwritten rule many scanlation groups observe involving not "sniping" a series someone else is working on without permission, but that's the thing about unwritten rules. They're not actual rules.

The real deal here is scanlation groups will work on what they want to, when they want to. They will upload on here themselves, allow anyone to upload their stuff on here, or take control of their group page on the site for the express purpose of keeping their stuff off MangaDex. Readers will read whichever of multiple releases based on their own preferences, whether that's the one that comes first, the ones they think have a higher quality that's worth waiting for, or the ones they have to go to another site all together for.

Users who are viewing this thread