Majo no Geboku to Maou no Tsuno

Agahahhahahahah
This manga seems stupid but it actually has some really serious topics wtf. I love it. 10/10

Does anyone know at what time the prequel should be read? I know it was made sooner than this so wasn't sure if it spoils anything later in this series that hasnt been translated yet.

I really find this funny because there might be an unfair justification here.....
Anyway, I applaud this author for utilizing the trend that the community enjoys. You get action, comedy, shounen-ai, genderswap, ecchi--the target audience is clear here and reasonable if not everyone likes it. But everything is wrapped in an adult joke without any disgust. It's one of good comedy series I have ever read. There is a feeling of contradiction.
This really goes back to each other's own perspective so I will not force anyone to read.

Fed-Kun's army
I was pleasantly surprised by this manga. It has funny, it has sprinkled action, it has cute characters. And I didn't expect a story that wasn't nominally centered on those topics at first glance to be so direct and approachable about the divide between physical attraction, gender and sexuality. But I think it's really well woven throughout that its themes and character conflicts are actually all about gender, and related ideas of understanding and empathy, and addressing the biases that place people apart and hurt them and others in the process.

Hahaha the irony of rei complaining about them being besties to lloyd... aaaa, I love it.

Thank you guys so much for translating this, I always look forward to reading it and I can't wait to see more Arsenia/Alma interaction with Sauro. I hope everyone gets a happy ending

I really dont know how to react.

I read this in Tachiyomi, and i never know about the genre Shounen Ai, until i want to comment in chapter 47, i open my browser and got the genre Shounen Ai was appear.

To think, genre Genderswap was here too, this is unique combination, though i want to avoid genre Shounen Ai.

The comedy itself is good, yeah, and somehow, the story is pique my interest.

Well, im afraid to able continue read this or not, because genre Shounen Ai

Supporter
I think the quarantine did get the TL team, what mad lads to release that fast GJ adn thanks

@Re_Name don't let a tag bother you if you like the story, and i mean from chapter one their where male interested in another male so yeah you did already read 47 chap of shounen IA
and yeah this manga explore sexuality and gender so shounen IA is expected

Ps at this point if a yaoi tag become necessary at some point in the story, it won't bother me because it quite well written and take this subject quite seriously (at least for most of the time)
Edit : yaoi is the only tag i block by default on mangadex by the way

I thought that sauro and arsenio relationship was so bad that it’s going to be another ghost ship and these latest update just slam me into flower field of feels, I’m so so happy ty so much for the updates!

And yeah the story so far is you can have yuri yaoi and nl with the same pairing so if you peeved about it not being a cis couple this manga isn’t for you.

But if you are interested in a relationship that is not bound by gender it’s really fun!

Fed-Kun's army
Ye I hate same sex relationships and genderswap with a passion in media but I enjoy the story enough that it barely passes.

So ye good story and comedy and the relationships are pretty tolerable so I'll keep reading.

Dex-chan lover
I really dont know how to react.
I read this in Tachiyomi, and i never know about the genre Shounen Ai, until i want to comment in chapter 47, i open my browser and got the genre Shounen Ai was appear.
To think, genre Genderswap was here too, this is unique combination, though i want to avoid genre Shounen Ai.
The tags being updated is really just a correction, if you view this as shounen ai (reasonable even if I might not tag it that way) it was that from the beginning since they tell us immediately that Rei is a boy. Sauro being introduced kind of amps up that theme but it's always been there (and depending how you interpret Eric they also count... I don't think they do, though)

If the story makes you really uncomfortable you should stop reading, I guess, but nothing has changed in the past couple chapters except the tags! Well, and Sauro having more screen time. Sauro kinda sucks so it makes sense to be kind of turned off by that even if he's getting his redemption arc

Aggregator gang
After reading to the latest chap, I just noticed it now that the mc is arsenio not rei .....
At first I thought rei is the mc.
But who knows? Maybe I'm wrong...

Why I noticed the mc is arsenio is because of the title. I didn't bother to read the translated title before reading it.... Even tho every chapter name is telling me who the mc is. How dense is my perception.....

Again, I reiterate,
Why is it that a manga that seems to be bad fantasy from outward appearances,
Actually an extremely good manga that seriously plays on gender and romance not bound by common practices?
I mean seriously, this manga literally is the best romance manga I have ever read, hands down.
It has some of the best writing I've seen to the point that if it had a light novel, I would actually read it, and the art is fantastic.
I see literally no problems with this manga. NaN/10.

Also at this point I really want to see Lloyd turn into a girl, but that's just personal preference.

I've only today caught up with the releases, and man I really chose the right time, before ch50 would have been painful lol. Thank you translation team!

Anyway, I have a few things to say just to get them out of my chest:

- I don't understand the hate/dislike toward Sauro I saw in the comms. Like, first thing the guy did when he appeared in the present was to help Betty and Eric to get away from a tight situation with his creepy colleagues without much fuss. Then when he was fighting Rei and Lloyd in the demon king's castle, he was surprisingly cool to them considering the situation: he didn't hurt Lloyd (who was a serious threat to him and his men) much, just sent a bit of fire to push him away and wounded his leg later (compared to what he could do that was surprising), as for Rei he barely did anything to her, he just disarmed her without wounding her. He saw they were young humans, and rather than cutting them when he easily could have, or seriously burn them, he just made them back off. Arsenio's case was completly different and an other story. There's more I could say really, he's a very interesting character, but mostly he clearly is a good guy, and I can't wait to see him intereact with the group in a better situation. In any case I feel the urge to defend him against anything as if I was Arsenio myself lol
(Just hoping here he won't be dying tragically at the end, he just did the whole 'sacrifice himself to save the MC' already right? So can't happened twice right??)

- I'm loving the hell of all this gender/sex, sexuality, and relationships mess going on. This is seriously fascinating (and I'm saying this as someone who is not into multishipping), and people getting confused about all of that is hilarious to me. Just Rest In Pain heteronormativity and gender norms, you won't be missed. The fact that all the mains are great, lovable and fleshed out characters, whose relationships with each others are all touching, funny, intriguing, is really well done. But at the same time it's all so bananas, and (while it's not perfect, there are a few things I thought weren't handled very well to say the least) it's so good, I can't believe this is a real manga. Are we sure we aren't just mass hallucinating this? xD

- I kinda think that King Bull (and Brenda and the vamp) won't be the final/main fight in this story. But maybe some really bad witch - who could be working with some tonokoist high priest(s) - who'd be the one who cursed Vivian to begin with, and would be a huge problem around Beltain. Might be linked to the events in the prequel even.
I'm thinking that a bunch of little hints, some foreshadowing etc, have been sprinkled every where, and will have several plotlines, characters, themes, artifacts etc merging at some point into a bigger more serious plot... but I might be reading too much into things too heh.

- I can't be the only one waiting for Arsenio to forge Excalibur/CaliBurn for Sauro right? Haha like it would be perfect: Vivian exists, this is taking place in the British Islands kinda, MC wants to forge awesome magic weapons and has some fire magic he can use for that (coincidentally looking himself like a humanoid dragon when he does), his kight needs a channelling weapon that even his OP fire can't destroyed/bend, what's best than The Legendary Indestructible Sword said to have been forged from dragon's breath... and which can cut anything, so probably could cut those horns? Some stories associate Excalibur with thunder too apparently? So maybe they don't use Excalibur to cut King Bull's horns, but Arsenio could make first an other weapon (for Rei?) or they just use magic again against him, but this time all together with Sauro, and use one of the horns for Vivian, and the other to forge Excalibur (and fight the real last boss thanks to it).
Also I can imagine our group of heroes (or at least Arsenio and/or Sauro) creating a new and better order of knights, the future Round Table, an order that doesn't vilify and persecute all non-humans and witches indiscriminately but still devoted to God.

Well, I'm loving this manga a hell lot more than I thought I would when I first heard about it, really agreably surprised, that doesn't happen often, and I can't wait for more. Hopefully it goes for yet many chapters because I got ridiculously too attached to all those characters - especially bestest girl Gust, I mean really what a cute happy doggy - and I'm probably never going to be ready to say goodby to them now 🙃

Users who are viewing this thread