Major 2nd - Ch. 266 - The most formidable enemy in the district

Holy shit this manga is so fucking pathetic
It feels borderline offensive to dangle a character like Furuya who is cool, strong, handsome, athletic, manly, and has a strong fighting spirit (the fact that Furuya is seriously aiming to win with this Fujimihara team after returning from an injury proves this) and that is deliberatively made to be like Goro in front of a reader who has been having to put up with a fucking boring manga with a fucking boring plot that is not interesting at all and not like MAJOR at all for God knows how long only to remember that the actual main character is a talentless midget who has been forgotten even by the author himself in favor of other characters and is more suitable to be the main character of a love comedy harem manga than a sports manga. Mitsuda: Oh, those things that were good about the original MAJOR? I still know how to draw them, I just choose not to. (clink, clink.) No matter how I look at it, Furuya feels more like a main character than someone from an opposing team. Even when Daigo suddenly acts like a protagonist, I just feel disgusted because it feels like he is overcompensating. When I look at Daigo compared to Furuya, I feel disgusted. I think I’m going to get sick every second I spend looking at this dwarf's stupid-looking face. When I think about a version of MAJOR where Goro is a gutless coward who walks the ace batter every time, I just start laughing. A manga like that definitely deserves to get canceled. A manga where the useless ace walks the genius batter in all of his at-bats is worthless. So pathetic. Even if you allow Furuya to hit later, there's no point anymore. You're just overcompensating. I don't care anymore. Reiwa: the baseball game in MAJOR’s sequel is completely boring and with no climax, Shigeno Goro's son is someone who is scared of his opponents and avoids them without even trying! It's really pathetic, isn't it? Really. Then it's better to just watch Major League Baseball to watch the Orioles walk Corey Seager five times in a single game. I was going to write “a baseball manga where,” but it’s not a baseball manga, it’s a manga about schoolgirls changing clothes. Mitsuda: Saying the baseball game is boring is not valid criticism because it’s not a baseball manga, it’s a manga about school girls changing clothes. Seeing the main character yell at the catcher who thinks it's okay to tell the umpire it’s an intentional walk is seriously embarrassing to look at. Pathetic, seriously pathetic. Toshiya has become a complacent forty five year old man who doesn't have a will of his own and is bossed around by middle school students. When Haruto said he didn't want to practice long hours, he quickly accepted all of his demands. Even though Toshiya was adamant about not needing to go scouting the opposing team, he was easily persuaded and watched the Seiwa/Fujimihara game anyway. In the original MAJOR, there are almost no depictions of coaches/managers who are reliable and good leaders, so maybe Mitsuda just has no idea how to portray it. Toshiya is already doomed from the start. Being a coach/manager=being an unreliable old man who leaves the players to their own devices. Cool Toshiya who could stand up to Goro doesn’t exist anymore, he can’t even stand up to middle school students. I seriously wonder what’s the point of him being a coach at all, he’s a glorified conditioning trainer, he’s there as a fucking prop. The shamelessness of this manga seriously knows no bounds. “If it was a practice game of course I’d want to face him!” I think I’m going to get sick. Of course the author who willingly tarnishes the name of his beloved classic manga because he wants to draw naughty pictures doesn’t have an ounce of shame or respect for the readers. Current Shogakukan really is pathetic. If Mitsuda drew what he wanted in a new serialization, it would get canceled, so it’s labeled as “MAJOR '' even though it’s not like MAJOR at all not only for Mitsuda’s sake, but also for Shogakukan’s sake. The magazine would have died out if it could not rely on series and authors from over thirty years ago, it can’t be helped. Change your name to something else that isn’t “Weekly Shonen Sunday.” An elementary school student who would pay money for this plot doesn’t exist. Elementary school students aren’t stupid. This magazine will definitely disappear once Conan finishes, so it does not matter.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread