Major infrastructure upgrade and warning about fake sites!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aggregator gang
Reported all of them to both sites. My Crunchyroll account was hijacked a couple of days ago and my password stolen. I was able to reclaim my account pretty quickly with the help of their customer support (no phone number, just a web form, but they responded in less than 3 minutes). I changed my password and did a virus scan and found TightVNC installed on my system ( I didn't install it ) as part of a likely system hijack which is probably how they got my password. I would recommend that if you have accidentally clicked on one of the links to do an in depth system scan and change your passwords. Mangadex, as always, thank you for keeping us safe while being awesome at the same time!

Reported to Google and Microsoft. Also dropped off a one-time, keep up the good work guys.

Dex-chan lover
Reported the sites and plan on donating a good lump of cash for MDX for use in maintaining the outstanding work you guys do for fans of mangas world over.

I'm in California and I kept getting "image failed to load" on all images for most series until I switched to the EU server instead of NA1 or 2. VPN or no VPN didn't change the result. This only started happening today.

I have reported all sites but I have to wonder about the results we can realistically expect from this. To my knowledge, which is very limited, it is extremely easy to create such pages. For every one that gets taken down, three more sprout up.

Dex-chan lover
I was searching "A Boy Who Has Been Reincarnated Twice Spends Peacefully as an S-Rank Adventurer mangadex" into google and mangadex.org isnt even popping up anymore, wow...

Dex-chan lover
NVM. For some reason, I swear the rest of the thread wasn't there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread