Major infrastructure upgrade and warning about fake sites!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Contributor
if only this people were to work seriously and avoid scamming and ddos-ing you, maybe they wouldn't need so many ads on their sites...

Group Leader
I don't really want to defend AทγA⊂G, but I'd like to point out that these scam sites are likely not run by them. I highly doubt they would depend on resources of other aggregators such as Kαкαℓ๑т (see eg. нттρร://๓αทgα∂εχ.т๑ρ/ςнαρтεя/รн๑บgαкบรεï-gα-๓α๓α-∂ε๓๑-ïï-∂εรบ-кα-ςнαρтεя-1). Also Batoto includes a little JavaScript in their pages that lists all their "official" domains, which apart from Batoto are all more or less their own.
My guess is, that these are being run by a Vietnamese (judging by their 404) aggregator aggregating other aggregators, hotlinking to their image servers, in order not having to operate their own.

EDIT: was looking a bit more into this. They really have a lot of domains. Here's a list of all their sites listed in their SSL certificates. Note that there are even more out there (such as the .club copy), but without valid https.
EDIT2: found a third certificate, updated the list
EDIT3: According to ViewDNS.info they host over 130 domains on a single webserver without Cloudflare or other protection.

Reported those four listed sites on Google and Microsoft. Hope it helps somehow.

Thank you for listing those four sites and for writing an example of what should be written in report description. :)

Group Leader
Found another one, unrelated to the previous ones: мαηgα∂εxтv.cσм
This one doesn't even try to hide it's not legit.

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for all the updates and support! Time for us to do what little we can to help you :)

Quick question though: How can we tell if we were successful? Do those sites get taken down or does google not include them in search results? How does this work?

Miku best girl
Admin
The best result would be Google delisting them.

Failing that, as long as the fake sites appear underneath our real site, that's also good.

You can test by googling a title + mangadex and see what shows up.

Aggregator gang
i think everyone is aware that some sites block access to anyone using ad block, i feel they're is more in recent times i thought mangarock was down sine nothing would load until i remembered kissmanga's "ethics"

i love this site so much, for now i can't support your work with money, but i can report that fake mangadex website.

@potatoman Nobody knows for certain who is doing it, but IMHO they're taking a huge dent out of traffic to NOEZ aggregator sites like Mangafox/here/park/whatever or maybe Kiss as well. So they're enlisting DDoS attacks in an attempt to degrade site performance and get people to go back to using their sites.

MD is also very community oriented and constantly iterating on the design, taking feedback, rolling out new features, etc. Which also shows up those sites that just want to sit back without investing anything into their site design.

@Matsuura But then how will they continue letting you know they need more members and include 18 fanart pages in every 8 page chapter? 😁

Miku best girl
Admin
We serve over 7 million users a month and use over 1.5PB of bandwidth monthly. Its not cheap!

Fed-Kun's army
How dare they disgrace the name of the old batoto! It's pretty low trying to make money this way

@Holo I mean, 1k a month is kind of cheap when you factor in 7 million users and over 1.5PB of bandwidth monthly (granted some of that bandwidth is probably those pesky Botters, Crawlers and Scrapers).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread