Major infrastructure upgrade and warning about fake sites!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Group Leader
Reported all of them yesterday after seeing this. Never filled so many CAPTCHAs in a row 🤣
Glad to know about this huge hardware upgrade !

Group Leader
@Holo even as an image file, the crawler bot will still analyze and catalog it. Any text on it will be used to reference it. I suggest only typing out or imaging the top-level domain of the sites in question. We all know the domain name they're trying to copy anyways.😏
Looking at the list, the first sounds like it could of been a good TLD to have... missed chanced 😔

I second @Matsuura suggestion. Being able to reduce duplicates like that will add up in the future. It shouldn't be overly exerting to add a feature to for team cover(s) or page inserts. They'll also be able to update it if needed.

Someone should be a ijnd soul and buy you mangadex.moe before someone grabs that too. Y'all need the .Moe tld under your parent brand.

Dex-chan lover
I did one better for myself. I threw all of the sites into pi-hole.
Never going to get there even if I try.

Dex-chan lover
Unfortunately these asshole exist to ruin good thing for the sake of their greed.

Fed-Kun's army
Tested doing some random searches on google for mangadex and various series on here..
Some didn't show this site at all, instead showing only a couple of sites that mention mangadex and the series in question along with one or more fake mangadex sites.

"solo leveling" is one such example if you want to see what I'm talking about.

Edit: I simply tried some popular searches done on google that included 'mangadex' somewhere in the search.

Just an idea, but you could make a youtube channel where to review manga every week, so even those who do not have money can help you get money. You could make a "manga of the week" page where people can see the latest video embeded from youtube and redirect them to youtube for commenting, so the video would pick up traction and have a chance to become viral. Its name does not even have to be related to mangadex, due to the gray area it is in, but it could serve as a source of funding for the website. Manga Dexterity or Dexterity Manga would be names which could be used for the channel.

That way, people who cannot give money can help support the site by helping the channel with comments and shares. For more information, do seek me out here or on Discord (same image, the name contains "Sapioit", so you could search by the name and confirm by the image).

>Major infrastructure upgrade
>Upgraded DDoS Protection
>"Certain features disable during DDoS Mitigation"
>Users can't even simply search without having to login
>Mehh

Dex-chan lover
dangit good thing they didnt take the idea of D-Dex and KaraokeDex

Discovered these sites a week ago. The same people behind them also set up domains spoofing kissmanga and mangaking.

Former sites (now dead) include MangaHeaven.org, MangaPark.club, GoComic.net, LoveManga.net

@Holo Why not just buy up the remaining alternative mangadex URLs scammers would use and just redirect them to mangadex.org?

Fed-Kun's army
Just a tip, if anyone has an adblocker, disable it if you don't see the captcha pop up, or else when you hit submit you won't be taken to the "submit_success" page. I had to redo all but 1 because i didn't realize till i read the URL xd (Edit: k now microsoft's as-well is done :3)

OKIE reported! but damn, I stopped reading manga for a few months, come back and now batoto is bought?!?

Custom title
Staff
Developer
^ About as long ago as MangaDex has been around, since it was created in response to Batoto closing down.

Tengo un problema, estaba leyendo un manga bien Agustín y derrepente ya no me carga ninguna imagen, pero si tengo internet :c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread